The iRobot Home mobile app is top-rated on both Apple and Google app stores and is used by millions of people worldwide. It is the interactive interface that builds a trusted partnership that empowers users to achieve a well-maintained home and yard. The app ensures users know that their robots understand household routines and fit well into activities in a Smart Home. Users have an at-a-glance view of what their robot is doing now, what actions are upcoming, and past history of work robots have performed. Our data-driven, personalized app interface uses the latest native mobile and cloud technologies to guide users to get the most from iRobot products. Your contributions will set the iRobot user experience apart from the competition.
iRobots Software Engineering is looking for an exceptional leader to join our team. You'll be a key contributor to iRobot's talented and exciting Digital products program. You'll get to work on inventive software products that provide our customers with rich and convenient ways to interact with our family of consumer robots. The ideal candidate can thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoys the effective interplay on multi-disciplinary teams to deliver new product capabilities.
As manager of the Mobile software team you will utilize your strong engineering management skills and technical competency, and lead development in an agile environment to successfully iterate and achieve key product goals. Youll work closely with UX designers to craft new, dynamic user experiences. You'll foster collaboration across feature teams in IoT, mobile, cloud, data, as well as robotics, contributing to next-generation iRobot products and Digital features. Software innovation at iRobot will surprise you.
- Manage the incredible group of engineers behind the top-rated iRobot Home mobile app, used by millions of people worldwide
- Help to drive mobile app technical foundation to enable organizational scale, modularity, and speed for code base comprised of common core with native iOS and Android UI
- Functionally manage resources whose tasks are driven by independent feature / scrum teams and integration of these multiple work streams into a common app release train
- Build and maintain highly collaborative relationships with contributors to cross-functional initiatives including product managers, UX designers, QA, and related software disciplines
- As a functional manager and technical owner, ensure that decisions are sound, risks are anticipated and mitigated, and resources are effectively utilized to achieve objectives
- Engineer solutions that combine IoT connectivity, mobile, and cloud technologies for a secure, reliable, performant, highly available experience for end users
- Deliver user experiences that adapt to user needs based on insights derived from large scale data analytics
- Set technical direction and drive developer productivity through best in class software engineering practices, including focus on continuous integration and test automation
- Attract and retain top talent to build a world class software function with the flexibility to meet evolving needs of the organization
- Ensure programs of record are delivered on schedule with acceptable level of quality; multitask and handle multiple concurrent releases in-process at the same time.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, grow, manage and motivate technical teams, including performance appraisal and career development.
- At least 5 years leading development of native iOS or Android commercial applications
- Track record leading teams in a fully Agile product discovery and delivery environment
- At least 10 years hands-on software product experience; preferably focused on networked mobile applications
- Coding skills in at least one of Java, Kotlin, Objective-C, or Swift
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Passion for working together with UX on excellent user experience
- Interest and background in Smart Home devices and services; or integrating with eCommerce systems
- Graduate degree in related field or MBA
- Experience directing offshore developers and integrating them into a main onsite team.
More Jobs From