Sr. HR Functional Analyst
The Information Technology organization is transforming to realize our mission: Become a leader in HMH’s digital transformation, and as a strategic partner, innovate and deliver highest value, competitive advantage solutions across all corporate and business functions. Our ambition is to be a digital leader through innovation and develop and deliver leading edge technology such as robotic process automation and artificial intelligence to solve some of HMH’s greatest operational business challenges. Our professionals will have business relevant skills to connect our HMH partners to technologies that propel the businesses to deliver the greatest value for HMH and our customers. We are building a team of IT professionals with an insatiable appetite to learn, a relentless focus on customer service, a technological curiosity toward future possibilities, and a creativity in solving business challenges with leading technologies. Our team will find ways to work together, create a sense of community where it’s safe to take risks and learn together, develop our careers, and all have an opportunity to work on new technologies. We will work together, learn together and have fun together. As a team, we will lead HMH’s digital transformation.
The Opportunity – HRIS Functional Configuration
The HRIS Functional Configuration is a full-time position that reports directly to the IT SVP of Finance, HR, and Legal. The position is responsible for ensuring the streamlined operation of the enabling technology for the HR function. As part of this role, the ideal candidate will understand the key HR processes and business objectives to help partner with HR to meet their organization goals. This position is located in Boston, Massachusetts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate, direct, design, and optimize the HRIS-related activities of the organization
- Work closely with decision makers in HR to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions
- Help define and implement HRIS policies, procedures and best practices
- Ability to work directly, drive priorities, and manage HRIS vendor partners
- Ability to define SLAs and hold vendor partners accountable to agree upon SLAS
Skills & Experience
This person is a self-motivated individual with excellent team management and organizational skills who possesses:
- BA/BS Degree or Equivalent in Information Systems, Business Administration or a related field
- Deep expertise in SuccesFactors functional development
- Direct leadership experience with successful implementation(s) of the SuccessFactors Employee Central solution
- Direct experience with SuccessFactors Recruiting, Talent Management, Compensation, Workforce Analytics
- Direct experience with Benefit Focus implementation and integration with SuccessFactors Employee Central
- Direct experience with ADP Enterprise Payroll and ADP eTIME solution support
- Certification in HRIP, PHR, or other HR business related discipline
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex information in a succinct, organized manner
- Extremely detail-oriented, with strong interpersonal and collaborative work style, ability to develop effective working relationships and demonstrate commitment to being a team player
- Capacity to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong organizational and time management skills, effectively managing work flow and ability to manage multiple tasks and timelines
- Strong vendor management skills
- Strong computing skills in a PC environment (MS Project, Visio, Access, Excel, MSWord, and PowerPoint)
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing)
- The person in this position needs to move about inside office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.