Sr. Full Cycle Data Engineer
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
Are you a data software engineer interested in working with data in the consumer robotics and connected home space? Then come join a fantastic team of data architects, engineers, and scientists responsible for ingesting, curating, and distributing the data that informs and supports iRobot’s connected products around the world.
You will work with a fun and collaborative team to design, enhance, and support iRobot’s data pipelines, data quality tools, data APIs, data-driven product features, and data-related software experiments. The solutions you develop will have direct impact on our digital roadmap and will influence the future of data management for our connected products!
- Data Management
- Design, develop, and maintain software capabilities that will provide or improve management, accessibility, security, or accuracy of iRobot’s connected product data.
- Contribute to our IoT data framework by influencing our AWS big data infrastructure, agile delivery methodologies, automation test processes, documentation strategies, and digital capabilities roadmap.
- Collaborate directly with data architects, product engineers, R&D developers, data scientists, and digital business owners to develop use cases, demo capabilities, test deliverables, and invent cool new data capabilities.
- Create user-facing tools and proof of concept implementations to promote use and understanding of our data.
- 3+ years working in software development
- Python or Java expertise
- Experience building microservice architectures, data pipelines, or processing frameworks
- Hands-on experience using, developing, and maintaining REST APIs
- Experience writing automated tests to ensure the quality of your software components
- Comfortable designing, developing, testing, and operating what you build
- Familiarity with AWS cloud computing and desire to work in AWS serverless or managed services such as Lambda, DynamoDB, Redshift, etc.
- Familiarity with privacy and security development best practices
- Capacity and eagerness to learn