Sr. Experience Designer (UX) – Promotions
Who We Are
Were the Experience Design team at Wayfair, and were tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how people discover, find, purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. Were a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class designers who are hard at work transforming the experience of shopping for your home. Our design practice is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced.
How can we leverage AR to make it easier for our customers to imagine how furniture would fit in their space? How can we seamlessly connect them with gig economy assembly and installation pros to get that new chandelier installed before the next dinner party? If you're interested in answering these types of questions, you're the Experience Designer we're looking for.
What Youll Do
As a Senior Experience Designer, you will be responsible for designing incredible first impression experiences that guide and inspire millions of customers when they arrive at Wayfair, ensuring a customer's first experience leads to others. You are gifted in UX design, are customer-centered, and love turning quantitative and qualitative findings into insights and strategy to drive product priorities.
- Design compelling, consistent and trustworthy first impression landing experiences built on understanding of marketing drivers and customer intent
- Design a creative assortment of email capture touchpoints on storefront for our growing international audience and family of brands (Wayfair, Allmodern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main, Perigold)
- Lean into data to guide design decisions
- Collaborate closely with product managers, researchers, engineers, analysts, and marketing to design personalized and differentiated experiences that support business goals
- Design to consistently scale and leverage shareable components for web and app
- Deliver work that emphasizes the use of lean tools and techniques to more rapidly deliver work; deliver quick napkin sketches as appropriate to ideate; create high fidelity output using a global design system; embrace incremental changes to test and learn
- Report to the Design Manager of the Attract & Accelerate superpod
Best Candidates Will Be:
- Adaptable: You are comfortable with speed, change, and some ambiguity in a rapidly growing environment
- Curious: You desire to continuously learn and dig deeper beyond assumptions and data
- Able to drive design strategy: You have strong points of view loosely held
What Youll Need
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Information Architecture, or related field
- 5+ years of professional UX experience
- Strong understanding of design processes; knowledge of what is possible and what will be hard to achieve and/or implement in a digital environment
- Communication and interpersonal skills: Ability to present and articulate ideas, openness to evolve opinions that challenge beliefs
- Strong skills in modern design tools like Sketch, Abstract, Invision, Framer, UX Pin, and Creative Suite
- Expertise in producing relevant deliverables, including detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies/folksonomies, paths to purchase, wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations, etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS. Hands-on skills a plus.
- An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking.
Interested in learning more about Wayfairs Experience Design team? Check out our Medium: https://medium.com/wayfair-design