Sr. Engineer, Manufacturing
DUST Identity has developed a supply-chain security solution that uses microscopic diamonds to securely tag physical objects so they are uniquely identifiable. Think of a barcode, but invisible, unfalsifiable, and with diamonds! We aim high and need self-starters and problem solvers who thrive when challenges are great, and potential is greater. Learn more at dustidentity.com.
We are looking for a Sr. Engineer, Manufacturing to join our team. In this role, you will lead the hands-on design, development, and implementation of production methodologies to deliver DUST in multiple form factors to our highly demanding customers. Key application technologies include printing, calendering, and molding. You will develop processes to ensure the scalable production of these DUST-enhanced media suitable that meet a variety of performance criteria.
As part of the engineering team, you will collaborate with Product Management, R&D, and our user base to understand product requirements across a wide range of end users - aerospace, industrial manufacturing, collectibles, and more. You will have opportunities to define, influence and leave an impact on new product development for high value use cases.
What Youll Do
- Be a part of a close-knit, hardworking team that has a direct impact on the success of the company and the product the customer receives
- Collaborate closely with interdisciplinary colleagues to help design, develop, and mature scalable production processes across a variety of application methods. (Some processes performed internally and others will be handed over to contract manufacturers)
- Brainstorm and develop creative solutions to challenging problems of all types, including but not limited to materials processing, handling, dispensing, and dosing
- Identify hardware and tooling requirements for production operations
- Facilitate dialogues cross-functionally to understand user needs, critical quality characteristics, and translate into engineering requirements and tolerances
- Lead inspection, testing, and product certification activities.
- Author SOPs, specifications, quality control procedures, safety protocol, and other product/production documentation
- Identify opportunities for new IP and support the process by documenting activities, experiments, trials, samples and ideas
What Youll Bring
- BS in mechanical engineering, material science, chemical engineering, or related
- 10 years of experience
- Passion for solving problems creatively, effectively, and efficiently
- Knowledge of polymers, films, coatings, and emulsion technologies
- Knowledge of any of the following: molding, extrusion, printing, lamination, embossing/stamping, calendering processes
- Broad general knowledge of materials and processes
- Project management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Concerning Covid 19
At DUST Identity, we place the utmost importance on the health and safety of our team and our community. To do our part in limiting the spread, all team members that are able to work remotely during this time are doing so. We are sensitive to the individual concerns of each team member, and continue to reassess as more information and guidelines are released by the community.
Start Date: Immediately; Must be authorized to work in the United States
Location: Framingham, MA
Compensation: Market Competitive + Equity
DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: Due to the nature of the projects involving the US government, only permanent residents or citizens of the US are eligible to apply.