Come join a growing company that can greatly benefit from your technical expertise! Raves engineering team is growing to meet the growing needs of our client base. The right candidate will utilize his/her vast experience of software and hardware deployments to improve our existing infrastructure and processes. This exciting opportunity will provide interesting challenges to keep you highly engaged and loving the work that you do! Rave Mobile Safety offers the rare opportunity to work at a company where you can help make a difference, even help save a life, and feel a sense of pride and accomplishment in your work. Our suite of products is designed to foster quick, relevant, and actionable communication during times of high stress and crisis. Keeping people and communities safe is our business.
The Sr. Director of TechOps will be responsible for the corporate infrastructure, production and QA environments and participate in M&A activities. The ideal candidate will have 10-15 years experience and will provide rigor to all processes he/she oversees.
What you'll do:
- Develop an IT vision, strategy, and a roadmap, and lead the IT team and its business partners in effective execution. Manage 24x7 operation.
- Proactively advise the senior management team on the emerging technologies and trends that are most relevant to the Company's goals and evolving needs.
- Ensure, on an ongoing basis, that current and planned technical architecture, investments and solutions are aligned with Company business objectives.
- Build strong relationships with business groups and their leaders across the enterprise, and develop a detailed understanding of their issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Lead the functional areas of corporate solution engineering (including infrastructure and applications), IT operations and end users support services, global office expansion, and IT procurement and vendor management.
- IT Infrastructure Responsible for setting the strategy for IT infrastructure, and for current and future organizational needs, with complete knowledge of the Companys network architecture.
- SaaS based software expertise deploying, supporting, scaling, securing SaaS based software.
- Applications and services Oversee maintenance and deployment of all software applications and services. Ensure the production update procedures have a high degree of rigor along with system impact analysis.
- Data Protection / Security In collaboration with the security team, establish controls to secure high value data and high value users, make key decisions on IT investments that bolster the Companys defenses, implement changes that improve detection, monitoring and response management.
- Prepare and maintain technical specifications and related documentation to secure procedures and prevent system failure.
- Research and make recommendations on hardware and software purchases. Negotiates with vendors on behalf of the Company to ensure cost-effective purchasing decisions.
- Manage operating and capital budgets, and control expenses effectively.
What you offer:
- Ability to break down complex problems to make decisions and drive progress; strong strategic planning, project management and collaborative leadership skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written; able to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to work collaboratively with diverse leaders, communicate an IT vision and strategy across all levels of the organization, and build consensus around key initiatives and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire and motivate a high performing IT team that values transparency and accountability.
- High level of organization, attention to detail, and aptitude for planning/managing deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and project management skills with ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas.
- Strong commitment to a team approach, and awareness of team and individual success dependencies.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Proven experience in exercising sound judgment and working independently with minimal supervision and/or guidance.
- Proactive problem solver, presents problems and recommendations simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, highly-driven, independent, and results-oriented. Ability to work within a fast-paced environment.
Who you are:
- BS/BA in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ of relevant, progressive experience managing an information systems department in a medium or large size firm.
- Solid technical knowledge and experience in the use and application of the most current technologies and products used in the industry. Comprehensive knowledge of essential IT functions including: network infrastructure, storage, servers, databases, cloud computing, disaster recovery, security, telecommunications and vendor management.
- Proven experience managing and leading global IT teams consisting of onsite resources, contractors, consultants and managed services providers.
- Experience in compliance to relevant data protection regulations and frameworks (HIPAA, GDPR, Privacy Shield, ISO 27001, SOC1/2 requirements and controls).
Why you'll love it here:
- We build a very important product that has serious, life-saving implications but we don't take ourselves too seriously!
- Competitive base salary
- Ongoing training and coaching for career development
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage with significant company contribution
- Long and Short Term Disability
- 401K retirement savings program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extremely generous paid time off
- On-site gym
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible hours
- Lively culture including happy hours, free lunch twice per month, company outings and more
Rave Mobile Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer and utilizes the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification process.
More Jobs From