Sr. Database Administrator
Eze Software is seeking an experienced, motivated Database Administrator to join the Database Engineering team at either our Boston or Chicago office. Eze Software is a leading global provider of best-in-breed software solutions and technology services designed to maximize investment and operational alpha for the entire institutional investment process and community. Our vision: to lead a reimagined investment process by creating a completely open, seamless, and fluid investment ecosystem.
As Database Administrator, you will be tasked with creating and maintaining all databases required for development, testing and production usage. This includes maintaining the integrity and performance of databases, performing necessary capacity planning, and participating in a 24x7 on-call rotation to ensure around the clock support for our internal clients.
- Performs ongoing tuning of database instances.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up and meet Recovery Point Objectives.
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends.
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
- Install and configure SQL Server.
- Implement High Availability/Disaster Recovery technologies such as AlwaysOn, clustering and mirroring.
- Review and deploy database upgrade scripts.
- Apply vendor patches and upgrade versions when required.
- Identify underperforming code and assist development with tuning when required.
- Deploy SQL Server Integration Services packages and SQL Server Reporting Services reports.
- Implement encryption where appropriate.
- Enforce corporate and departmental standards.
- Implement replication including changes to existing publications.
- 3+ years of relational database administration experience. SQL Server preferable.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and T-SQL.
- Experience with High Availability/Disaster Recovery technologies such as AlwaysOn, clustering and mirroring. Previous implementation a plus.
- Experience with replication (push and pull subscriptions).
- Experience with database encryption options.
- Cloud-based DBMS (AWS, Azure) experience a plus.
- Problem solving and good analytical skills.
- Communication, teamwork and negotiation skills. Both a team player and independent thinker.
- Understanding of database design principles.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines under pressure.
Continually learn and explore existing and emerging database technology.
Who We Are:
We are a trusted and proven partner to the investment community. We complement our award winning investment workflow technology with expert global customer service. We pride ourselves on fully understanding each client’s unique needs and advising them on best practices and processes to maximize their operational and investment alpha. Our team is made up of more than 1,000 global employees in 11 locations worldwide. We are headquartered in Boston, with offices in Chicago, Hong Kong, Hyderabad, London, New York, Rio De Janeiro, San Francisco, Singapore, Stamford, and Sydney.
We are a highly dedicated team of innovators and experts who love to collaborate on the cutting edge. We service our clients’ unique and growing needs with highly configurable, expansive, and integrated products for the entire investment process and community and we are never satisfied until our customers are delighted. We celebrate this passion and commitment by fostering a culture that promotes innovation, growth, communication and achievement from the bottom up. We nurture the entrepreneurial spirit and welcome productive debated. We encourage open communications and upward feedback, we learn quickly from our mistakes, challenge the status quo – all while remaining accountable to our colleagues and clients. We also understand work is a big part of life, so having fun and celebrating hard work is core within our culture.