iRobot is looking for a Sr. Data Analyst to join our Data Analytics team supporting Robot Releases and Robot Behaviors. Our team's mission is to creatively solve problems related to iRobots data sources and bring data-driven intelligence to our customers. As an analyst on our team, well expect you to have a strong background in applying probability and statistics to real data, as well as defining a problem and evaluating the effectiveness of different techniques in solving these problems. A strong candidate brings experience with data analysis, signal processing, or other methods on time-series data as well as proficiency in visualizing and communicating with data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What You Will Do:
- Develop deep knowledge of robot software and behaviors in order to investigate robot issues using exploratory data analysis
- Collaborate with other analysts and stakeholders to develop core robot metrics used across Product and R&D organizations to evaluate robot performance
- Design, implement, and evaluate A/B tests on robot cohorts for software releases
- Build reports and dashboards to monitor metrics and A/B tests and summarize key findings
- Perform analysis on robot data to inform feature roadmaps and evaluate feature releases
- Work in a highly dynamic environment including expeditious response for critical issues
- Communicate findings and make recommendations in support of strategic initiatives
- Collaborate with iRobots Data, Engineering, and Product teams to improve how we collect and analyze data
- Train and support R&D team members on understanding and analyzing data in their roles
- Mentor interns and Data Analysts
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- A strong candidate does not necessarily have to possess all of the following, and were open to the possibility that you may bring other skills to the table aside from those listed here. If you fit that description, do not hesitate to apply!
- Masters degree in analytics, economics, math, engineering, science, or related field and at least 3 years of experience in a related role, or Bachelors degree at least 5 years of experience.
- Proficient in SQL, R or Python, and data visualization tools
- Experience with statistical methods including hypothesis testing
- Experience working with data in large-scale data lake environments
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills
- Self-motivated and are able to work in a dynamic, delivery-focused environment
- Sense of humor, and enjoy solving fun puzzles
Above and Beyond:
- Experience with software, robotics, or spatial data
- Pleasantly surprise us