SimpliSafe is looking for a copywriter who knows how to sell. You know how to write straight forward, persuasive copy that convinces your audience that they need your product and need it now. You know how to identify and overcome objections. You know that the heart of good copywriting is identifying a deep problem your audience has and showing them how you can solve it. You know what makes for an attention-grabbing headline and what doesnt. Your performance obsessedif your copy loses, you need to know why. Youve got extensive experience writing for e-commerce websites, email marketing, packaging and more. Youre smart, not clever. Youre not afraid to write long, but you know that too much copy can kill performance.
Were looking for a writer to collaborate with Creative Directors, Art Directors, and Marketing team partners to create fresh, compelling copy across a wide variety of projects, including email campaigns, website copy (especially onboarding and conversion user experiences) and more.
You will work across teams and disciplines to deeply understand our customers and partner with marketing and site optimization teams to develop messages to reach those customers. You will also take complex information and concepts and distill them into engaging user experiences that are easily understood by our target audiences and inspire them to engage with our brand.
As a copywriter, youll take responsibility for the quality of all writing assigned, ensuring that it stays on brand, follows voice standards, and performs to achieve the metrics required by the project, all following digital best practices and achieving creative excellence.
Overall, youre inquisitive, collaborative, conceptual, and of course, an amazing writer. And youll be a valued partner on a dynamic team.
- Partner with key team members to develop the tone and communication strategy for CRM and lifecycle marketing initiatives
- Partner with key team members to develop the tone and communication strategy for onsite, marketing user flows
- Gain a deep understanding of the motivations and behaviors of our target audiences to increase the relevance and effectiveness of your ideas
- Identify inconsistencies and help improve current web copy and processes
- Update our website with copy that shines, including new product descriptions, improvements to current functionality, offers, new-user experiences, and instructions for interacting with product features
- Work closely with a team of researchers, developers, analysts, product and marketing experts to translate marketing strategies into sophisticated, leading-edge creative solutions
- Expertly present and diplomatically defend your work and area of expertise, while maintaining and building positive relationships with internal partners
- Thrive in a deadline-driven environment with the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Bachelors degree in Communications, English, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional copywriting experience for web and digital
- Excellent writing, editing, and conceptual skills demonstrating an ability to be very clear and concise
- Strong interpersonal communication, organization, and time-management skills
- The flexibility to adjust to changing priorities
- Demonstrated experience with testing and conversion-related creative and direct-response marketing
- Demonstrated expertise in writing for web, email marketing and B2C that delivers results an absolute must
- A solid portfolio proving a variety of work-please provide a link to your online portfolio in your resume or application
SimpliSafe is the fastest growing home security company in the country. Were transforming how people buy, install and experience home security with our user-friendly wireless security system that we sell direct to consumers online. We protect over three million Americans.
SimpliSafe was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurans in 2006, after several friends had their homes burglarized. Chad and Eleanor started designing SimpliSafe products in their own home when they realized there werent any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a power in the home security industry and was recently acquired by the private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At SimpliSafe, we place an emphasis on a no-ego, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Bostons Best Places to Work in 2019 list and in Wealthfronts 2019 Career Launching Companies list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If SimpliSafe sounds like a company youd enjoy working for, wed love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:
Health, dental and vision coverage - We cover 85% of plans and offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits - To help cover the costs of transportation and parking at our Downtown Boston HQ
Beer Fridays, Bagel Thursdays, Bi-Weekly Lunches, Team and Company Outings All work and no play is no way to live
More Jobs From