Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we dont plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately cant help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
Starburst is looking for a Sr. Cloud Engineer to join our team. Our team features very strong software engineering talent, with years of core database engine and distributed systems development experience. As a cloud engineer youll be designing and developing the infrastructure and software for Starburst products, including Starburst Trino on Kubernetes solution, Starburst Trino SaaS platform components, and our Starburst Trino cloud solutions on AWS, Azure, and GCP.
This is an amazing opportunity and role. We are building and operating a multi-cloud SaaS product at large scale, called Starburst Galaxy, by leveraging the patterns and technologies from the Cloud Native ecosystem (from Kubernetes to Argo...). Come join us in our excitement for this mission!
- Design: Design and develop infrastructure and software for Starburst products, using the latest and greatest proven technologies and techniques from the Cloud Native ecosystem
- Develop: Develop testing infrastructure and testing across the various product integrations
- Contribute to development Starburst Trino on Kubernetes solution
- Implement: Implement core pieces of our AWS, Azure, and GCP infrastructure and customer solutions
- Test: Implement performance test automation, design and write tests, and contribute to ongoing automation infrastructure development
- Operate: Build support, training, and demo environments
- Measure: Run and analyze software performance metrics
- Collaborate: Collaborate with teams globally across multiple time zones and operate in an Agile development environment
- 5+ years experience as a Software Engineer or DevOps Engineer
- 3+ years experience with Kubernetes
- 3+ years experience with Go (Golang)
- Experience with developing and operating infrastructure on public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience working on SaaS products, with Service Oriented Architectures or Microservices
- Experience with production operations at scale as well as participation in on-call rotation schedules
- Broad knowledge of the Cloud Native ecosystem solutions (Ingress Controllers, Container Networking, Prometheus, Service Meshes, Logging, Tracing, etc)
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Java/Go/Python for automation
- Strong comprehension of REST API's and an "API First" mindset
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Trino
- Experience with HashiCorp tools (Terraform, Vault)
- Experience with modern CI/CD patterns and solutions, such as Argo or Spinnaker
- Experience with BigData processing tools / analytical engines
- Knowledge of the JVM ecosystem (running, debugging)
- Knowledge of distributed systems design, implementation and testing
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.