Sr. Client Support Consultant
The Senior Customer Support Consultant leads and supports client engagements under the direction of Product Operations Leadership. The primary function of this position is to execute and manage daily support activities related to Burgess client questions, issues, and communications to optimize value from the Burgess solution. Primary daily activities involve identifying, researching, and resolving complex business and technical problems as they relate to the use and functionality of the Burgess products and platforms, and communicating with clients and internal Burgess stakeholders throughout problem inception, definition, resolution, documentation, and feedback. Performance objectives will involve quality and quantity of client need resolution, resulting client satisfaction, adoption, and business value afforded, and contributions towards evolving tools, policies, and procedures to optimize the support function.
What the Role Involves (Responsibilities)
Product Functionality, Technical, and Methodology Support
- Provide the highest level of product, technical, and methodology support to our end-users that utilize Burgess products.
- Provide friendly and competent active listening, consultative, and advisory skills to engage customers.
- Work actively with customers to identify reported problem(s) and gather appropriate information.
- Provide problem resolution on a wide variety of issues ranging from general policy and functionality questions to in-depth technical issues relating to integration workflow.
- Ensure that the client’s customer support experience is world class at all times by offering competent, efficient, and accurate support.
- Maintain highest levels of customer satisfaction with all engagements providing a sense of urgency that meets the customer’s expectations.
- Proficient with addressing Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 level needs autonomously.
Client Level/Escalation Activity
- Escalate problems as required following Customer Support procedures and use advanced troubleshooting skills to gather appropriate data and convey concise problem information for internal personnel.
- Maintain demeanor as a calming influence during pressure situations, mixing in the correct degree of professional assertiveness without becoming aggressive.
- Maintain communication with customers during the problem resolution process, utilizing superior customer service skills.
- Provide accurate logging of problems and resolution in call tracking system.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of company supported products.
- Review and update Customer Support documentation as assigned.
- Answer and log incoming calls when necessary.
- Leverage capabilities and tools (knowledge libraries, workflow, issue identification and documentation, function processes)
- Contribute to capability and tool development under direction of Senior Staff and Client Services Leadership.
User Adoption Leadership
- Assist customers in understanding and utilizing the full capabilities of BRS and collaborate on integrating BRS into daily workflow.
- Act as a liaison between customers and internal support staff (research, development, and product teams) to assure accurate problem interpretation and resolution.
- Capture and solicit issues/feedback from clients and internal stakeholders and document issues and client impacts
- Staff/Team Management/Supervision
- Take direction from and collaborate with Client Services Leadership to continually review and enhance performance and strategy.
- Train and mentor junior staff members in all aspects of support activities.
What You’ve Got (Qualifications & Skills)
- BA/BS degree in a business, mathematics, science or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ Years of working in a Healthcare IT environment
- Client –facing skills.
- Aptitude for numbers, accuracy and organization.
- Knowledge of SQL, .NET, Web Services, ETL
- Familiar with IT network environments and operating systems.
- Technical and analytical ability.
- Ability to work accurately and quickly under pressure.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills including the ability to identify, recommend, and implement solutions.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and systems.
- Knowledge of or experience with Medicare payment policy.
- Ability to adapt to a changing and rapidly growing environment.
HealthEdge commits to building an environment and culture that supports the diverse representation of our teams. We aspire to have an inclusive workplace. We aspire to be a place where all employees have the opportunity to belong, make an impact and deliver excellent software and services to our customers.