Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
As a Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer, you will work in a dynamic IT organization supporting enterprise data operations, analytics and reporting. Working closely with your business stakeholders, you will help to define, design and deliver business critical analytics and operational reporting. You will be part of a team of Tableau reporting experts, delivering high-quality analytics and reporting content. Reporting to the Data Operations Manager, you will help define and support iRobot’s Enterprise Reporting function and expand its capabilities to service a growing and diverse business user community.
- Design, develop and deliver reports and dashboards leveraging Tableau, applying best practices and standards for long-term sustainability
- Actively participate in enterprise data operations forums and discussions as the analytics and reporting SME, making recommendations for infrastructure, Tableau server architecture and security design
- Proactively meet with business leaders to deliver formal and ad hoc Tableau training, data training, elicit new business-driven requirements and influence business process improvements
- Monitor, and respond to reporting requests captured through IT service desk, Jira Kanban boards, Slack, and other user community interfaces
- Provide end user support for data inquiries and reporting incidents, problems, and service requests
- Document data sourcing, Tableau report definitions and business use cases for long-term operational sustainability
- Support the long-term analytics and reporting strategy by contributing to roadmaps, establishing best practices and leading business transformation
May perform or support the following additional functions (as appropriate to specific roles or as directed by your manager):
- Manages and guides the testing of business applications using appropriate methodologies and tools to improve quality, flexibility, and efficiency.
- Manages documentation library and works with business analysts to fill documentation gaps.
- Develops, delivers and maintains application training courses as applicable in support of company-wide training needs and initiatives.
Education: BS/BA in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent
Experience: total of 5+ years experience designing, developing and delivering BI content and solutions. 3 years working directly with Tableau server and Tableau desktop environments
- Broad conceptual knowledge and understanding of information technologies and methodologies, software development processes, project management techniques, and IT operational disciplines of “run and maintain”.
- Demonstrated understanding of Oracle eBusiness Suite R12 Financials and Supply Chain modules
- Strong Supply Chain, Sales Operations, Logistics, Accounting, and FP&A business support skills including forecast, demand planning, month end close processes.
- Expert-level understanding of Tableau server, Tableau desktop, report and dashboard development, related security and administration
- Hands-on experience with data warehouse architectures, data modeling concepts, ETL design and cloud-based data integration techniques, report development and data visualization concepts
- Self-starter who can define their work, manage multiple priorities, and leverage critical thinking in all aspects of work product design and delivery
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills; proficiency in O365, MS Visio and PowerPoint tools to aid communications and understanding
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization: interpret user requirements, identify the root cause, research possible solutions, identify most feasible solutions
- Must be able to work creatively, calmly, flexibly and under tight deadlines in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting/multiple demands and opportunities
- Self-motivated, able to inspire users, work independently as well as with others in a matrix environment
- Up to 10% international travel
iRobot is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More Jobs From