A key member of the Data Sciences and Clinical Quality team, we are seeking a passionate and goal-oriented person who is experienced in Healthcare Analytics and client interaction. Reporting to the Manager, Business Intelligence Team, this position is responsible for ongoing analysis and development of dashboards and reports to support Altruista Health's GuidingCare® solution. GuidingCare is a complete care management platform for patient-centered care, offering health plans and provider organizations easy-to-use, next-generation data integration and workflow management tools.
This role requires the ability to analyze health care data from conceptualization through presentation of the data. It requires proficiency with analytical tools, knowledge of data analysis methodology, strong communication skills and a strong commitment to and affinity for delivering the highest level of customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform development activities from gathering requirements and designing solutions, through developing code / reports using MS SQL and Tableau, to testing and release / deployment
· Develop best practices, documentation standards, processes and procedures for Tableau Dashboard design and publishing
· Maintain the production environment including resolving production issues and responding quickly to priority problems
· Work closely and collaboratively with end users, analytics, application team, analysts and stakeholders to ensure best practices are being used, proper training is being offered and issues and questions are being answered promptly
· Develop easily understood and actionable tools and visuals to help stakeholders understand information to inform operational decision making
· Ensure solutions are thoroughly tested and delivered timely and accurately to meet the business need
· Review upgrade documentation and evaluates, anticipates and communicates risks to existing dashboards recommending approaches to mitigate those risks
· Manage time effectively across multiple projects, with several managers and competing priorities
· Handle confidential information (including PHI) and interact professionally with internal and external clients and vendors
· Identify trends or data patterns through analysis
· Manage competing deadlines, manage variances in schedules and resource
· Participate in business analysis activities to gather dashboard requirements
· Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to develop and implement BI applications
· Identify, analyze and interpret trends in complex customer data sets
· Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented
· Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members
· Respond to support tickets
· Train clients on how to read and use the generated reports
· Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Fully applies basic principles, theories, and concepts to job assignments. Exhibits technical and operational proficiency solving problems of moderate complexity. Contributes to completion of projects and programs in area of expertise. May interface with internal and/or external customers and provide guidance to entry level Developers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or field or related area required
· Master’s Degree preferred
· Minimum of 7-10 years of work related experience
· Minimum of 5 years in depth experience with the Tableau tool
· Minimum of 5 years extensive experience working with relational databases utilizing MS SQL
· Experience with Python preferred
· Experience with machine learning/AI development for predictive models preferred
· Experience with understanding Statistical models preferred
· Strong analytical and data management skills
· Demonstrated experience working with healthcare data
· Demonstrated experience designing reporting dashboards with Tableau
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Tasks involve some physical effort, i.e. some standing and walking, or frequent light lifting (5-10 lb.); minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of office equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard and extended periods of sitting at a workstation or desk.
- Tasks require:
- Sound perception and discrimination
- Visual perception and discrimination
- Oral communications ability
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The tasks will generally be performed in a typical office environment.
While Altruista Health is located in Reston, VA, you may live anywhere in the U.S. to apply for the position.
Altruista will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Altruista is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer