Office Tour Photos
We are seeking a Technical Business Analyst experienced in configuring Salesforce.com who wants more than just a job. The right person for us is one who comes to work with a purpose – someone who wants to do work that matters – to themselves, their team, and their organization. We want a self-motivated, driven candidate who “gets it done, whatever it takes,” and thrives in a fast-paced environment. You relish accountability rather than avoid it. “That’s not my job” is not a part of your vocabulary. You enjoy challenges and are ready to make an impact in an exciting and growing company. You understand your specialty and are looking to utilize your knowledge and business analysis skills to help the company grow.
Salesforce is a critical application in the Carbonite IT portfolio. Our strategy recognizes that the evolution of the SFDC platform has a direct impact on the company’s success, so you will play an important, visible role in Carbonite’s ongoing success.
Carbonite continues to invest in top technologies such as Informatica Cloud, Zuora, Marketo, Tableau, and more -- as well as top talent like you to leverage these platforms for success. You will work with a team of highly-skilled SFDC developers and administrators, and be responsible for working directly with Sales Operations, Sales, and Marketing stakeholders to understand business requirements, design to match those requirements and then implement appropriate, efficient and effective SFDC solutions; as well as take responsibility for day-to-day SFDC admin tasks. This role is a rare opportunity for a thoughtful, action-oriented business analyst to make a direct impact on Carbonite’s strategic success.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Internalize Carbonite’s culture and values. This is a key to future success.
- Develop an understanding of our products and go to market strategy.
- Develop an understanding of our applications architecture and core business application functions.
- Work with Business Applications team to understand Carbonite business and SFDC configuration.
- Immediately play an active role in sprint work management process and take responsibility for day-to-day SFDC admin tasks.
- Audit SFDC environments with “fresh eyes;” propose improvements and efficiencies.
- Become familiar with additional technologies used in conjunction with SFDC (namely Informatica Cloud and Zuora).
- Take ownership of tasks in the development queue and roll-out of projects that incorporate Informatica Cloud and Zuora CPQ.
- Gather requirements; perform design and development of SFDC-centric solutions to facilitate business goals in Marketing and Sales departments.
Key Challenges to Overcome:
We must extract, transform and load data from different data sources into SFDC, and make the data available outside of SFDC to different business units – you’ll need a strong understanding of the different business and data systems and the nuances of data points. As data definitions change and new data points are added you need to be a ‘gatekeeper’ ensuring the integrity of the data and processes in SFDC.
We are often faced with moments where there is more work than capacity; you’ll help the team decide where best to focus their efforts at a tactical level. You’ll need to be good at facilitating to help the team prioritize effectively, making sure to deliver the most critical/impactful results on-time, and preventing less urgent but important work from being neglected.
The team will occasionally encounter problems that are not clearly defined nor well understood. You’ll help clarify scope and expectations, so that in addition to delivering results that meet minimal requirements, you establish/confirm that all shareholders understand the results.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Required Skills & Experience:
- Expert Salesforce.com admin, solution design and implementation capability
- Excellent Business Analysis, Requirements Gathering, Documentation and Cross-functional communication skills
- Data obsessed: duplicate management, data integrity, change control, definitional integrity, documentation (data dictionary)
- Familiarity with CPQ (Configure Price Quote), Informatica Cloud, and MS SQL Enterprise Manager a big plus.
Carbonite was launched with a clear goal: Provide easy-to-use, secure and affordable online backup to the consumer market. Today we are a leading provider of data protection, with a comprehensive portfolio of solutions purpose-built for consumers, small and midsized businesses with a global network of partners including VARs, MSPs and OEMs.
Together with Webroot—acquired by Carbonite in 2019—we provide end-to-end data resilience. Our company vision is to safeguard people and businesses from the cost and consequences of data loss and cyber threats. We deliver on that vision with powerful antivirus protection plus easy-to-use backup and recovery services.
Our business requires top talent. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. From engineering to sales and marketing, operations and customer support, our 1600 employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers at Carbonite.
We pride ourselves on hiring standout candidates who shine in a workplace that encourages collaboration and teamwork. Carbonite is growing fast, and we’re currently looking for talented candidates around the globe. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
More Jobs From