Sr. Business Analyst (Dev team)
Sr. Business Analyst
As a member of an Agile development and/or support team for one or more business applications, the Senior Business Analyst is responsible for developing solutions that support business ideas and product concepts through gathering and translating testable requirements into application software solutions. The Senior Business Analyst is a critical thinker capable of contributing independently, mentoring business analysts, collaborating with and driving a sound solution with a diverse team including product managers, software developers, testers, project managers, and teams such as Client Services, Operations, Analytics, and Marketing.
- Conduct interviews, requirements workshops with a cross-discipline team to elicit understanding of business needs
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to help design and drive the functional definition of a solution that meets the program level objectives and vision
- Write unambiguous, testable requirements with clear acceptance criteria; an integrated scrum team member to assure requirements are understood fully; work with Architects in defining non-functional requirements
- Work with Product Management to write business case to justify an investment
- Mentor junior business analytics team members
- Assist Client Operations team to troubleshoot issues; evaluate existing application products which could address client requirements and develops recommendations where appropriate
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree in Healthcare Informatics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Science, Mathematics, Public Health, or a related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 7 - 10 years of experience in writing requirements and story authoring.
- Excellent verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills; is a team player.
- Very strong written skills showing the ability to convey functional details accurately in a well-structured and precise manner that describe end user problems and solutions.
- Proven problem-solving skills, is logical and analytical.
- Experience with systems modeling, user interface design, and prototyping, decision trees, data flow.
- Solid experience in Scrum Agile development or Scaled Agile Framework; Rally knowledge desired.
- Experience in working with distributed, offshore teams.
- Experience in mentoring team members.
- Ability to learn healthcare domain quickly (prior healthcare experience desired).
- Expert use of analysis, documentation, and presentation tools, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, JIRA, Rally, etc.
- Experience with and knowledge of SQL; querying skills a strong plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities