Sr. Brand Marketing Strategist
Aka the go-to know it all
are a team of bold copywriters, designers, strategists, engineers, UX researchers, data junkies and product visionaries based in downtown Boston. Over the past ten years, weve quietly transformed home security from an outdated, unfriendly industry to something elegant, thoughtful, and beautifully designed. Weve taken on the industry behemoths, were winning, and we want you to join us.
(Oh, and other folks seem to like us a whole lot. The Verge, CNET, the Wirecutter and PCMag all named us their top pick for home security. Not bad for a days work).
You will lead the strategic development of messaging that delivers a clear consumer understanding of SimpliSafe products, features, benefits and brand.
Your main focus will be to help to drive consistency in messaging that drives persuasion across all channels (i.e. packaging, advertising, retail, PR, social/content marketing and web properties, collateral, trade etc.). You will work alongside the Creative Department as well as the Product Marketing department to make this happen.
- Strong writing skills, particularly brief and concept writing
- Strong communication skills and ability to make effective presentations to all levels of management.
- Strong problem solving skills, be able to see the big picture and connect the dots to solve problems
- Thorough understanding of the consumer, their habits, and their path to purchase. Capacity to identify insights with strong business potential
- Strategic mindset synthesizes data and insights into actionable recommendations
- Works collaboratively with key stakeholders to gain cross-functional alignment on the recommended choices and drive projects
- Ability to manage several projects in parallel, navigating a complex cross-functional matrix
- Strong project management skills
- Be the category expert: understand price, positioning, competitive landscape and market needs
- Digest insights, connect the dots, summarize conclusions and recommend comprehensive strategies to bring to life creativity
- Will craft creative briefs for the creative team to bring your strategic ideas to life
- Work with product marketing and research teams to provide a consistent pulse on the business
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to develop and bring to life product concepts and messaging
- BA/BS Degree
- 5+ years of prior marketing experience required, preferably with direct to consumer brands
More Jobs From