Office Tour Photos
Sr. Applied Data Scientist, Advanced Analytics & Insights
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to accelerate unlocking insights and providing outsized value to our customers. We swing big, knowing our customers won't benefit from micro optimizations. We treat data as a resource; making information globally accessible and eliminating silos. If you want to join a team with these traits in their DNA, read on.
The Applied Data Science group in the Storefront Analytics team adapts quickly and leaves a lasting mark through the new capabilities they champion. As an Applied Data Scientist, you will be driving strategic thinking amongst the group to collaborate with senior leaders across the organization to understand how to leverage advanced statistical and machine learning models to catalyze the growth of the business. You will research, develop and deploy numerous modeling approaches, and oversee the development of models across the department. You will partner closely with our data science and machine learning group to explore common solutions
What You'll Do
- Set direction, best practices and methodologies for statistical modeling or machine learning projects to be leveraged by 80+ staff across the Storefront Analytics organization.
- Identify and prioritize key business needs to design applied frameworks that inform Wayfair's Storefront strategic road map.
- Select and apply optimal modeling techniques like clustering, classification, mix modeling, predictive response modeling, time series analysis and text mining to optimize behavior on the site, which ranges from pathing, funnel analysis to product interaction.
- Coach analysts to design, prototype, implement and test predictive and prescriptive analytic models.
- Implement previously defined models, methodologies and frameworks across broader teams.
- Partner with analytic and data science colleagues in defining best practices for applying data science concepts across Wayfair
- Ensure all analytic models are applied and implemented properly, and that the results are error-free and actionable.
What You'll Need
- Hands on experience with Statistical and Machine Learning methods - Supervised, Unsupervised, Reinforcement Learning and NLP Techniques including regression, GLMs, classification, predictive modeling, forecasting, cross sectional and time series analysis, causal-inference, Bayesian Statistics, Experimental Design and Analysis, Optimization
- Experience with modeling tools (python, R) and advanced platforms (Hadoop, Spark, Azure, AWS, GBQ).
- Experience with common machine learning libraries - Scikit-Learn (Sklearn), Caret, MLR, Keras, TensorFlow, SparkML, H2o, Pytorch
- Strong communication and persuasion skills to explain complex analytic models and coach analysts on best practices
- Proven ability to deliver analytic solutions in business-setting with agile-style prototyping and rapid turnarounds
- Masters in computer science, engineering, economics, statistics, mathematics, or other quantitative discipline; PHD in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science/ Machine Learning strongly preferred.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From