Veracode is a leader in the ever evolving Application Security Testing world. We continue what is now over a decade of rapid growth and offer not only a number of powerful SaaS-based products to solve our client’s problems, but also additional services and platforms to help them better leverage our services and fully realize the added value we can bring to their business.
One such service is our Application Security Consulting, where our in-house consultants work directly with our client’s developers and their leadership to provide coaching on where they make security coding flaws and the best way to remediate those vulnerabilities.
We are looking to add a Sr. Application Security Consultant (ASC) to our team to support our West coast clients. Our ASC will be responsible for instructing developers on coding best practices and be exposed to coding practices from a wide-range of industries, gaining a wealth of experience from teams using the latest technologies. This person will work 100% remote and will have very limited travel expectations.
At this time, Veracode is unable to sponsor or transfer any visas for employment in the U.S. We therefore cannot consider any applicants that would require such sponsorship to work with us.
As an Application Security Consultant for Veracode, you will act as a subject matter expert in this space and provide consultative services to Veracode customers.
- Introduce customers and prospects to the use of Veracode services acting as Subject Matter Expert on Veracode solutions purchased.
- Interact with a variety of customer personnel, including software developers up to security executives.
- Primary tasks will include coaching/training developers and security teams on how to address/fix security issues detected within their product’s code by purchased Veracode solutions.
- Share application security best practices with client developers and provide training when requested. Demystifying security vocabulary for client developers/teams where needed.
- Review and render dispositions on Client’s Security Mitigation Proposals. Make recommendations as to whether their proposals will conform and address relevant security issues or propose further changes needed in their plans.
- Work with the Veracode product strategy team to improve upon Veracode Solutions
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of recent software development experience--either professionally or as an Open Source contributor, or an avid hobbyist.
- Understanding of application-level security and secure coding practices.
- Hands-on experience with common IDE’s: Eclipse and/or Visual Studio.
- Client requirement gathering, prioritization and scoping experience.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Strong oral communication skills and good presentation/teaching skills. Resource must be a strong Collaborator.
- Familiarity with as many of the following standards as possible: CWE, OWASP, and SANS-25
- Experience with source code analysis and interactive application security testing products.
- Understanding of common risk mitigation practices and technologies such as firewalls, ACLs and multi-factor access controls.
- Jira, Jenkins, TFS, and AWS
The Veracode Way:
We Have a Passion and Commitment for Security
We consider security in everything we do. We act to preserve the trust our customers place in us.
We Help Our Customers Change the World
We deliver peace of mind to our customers so they can focus on the pursuit of their missions.
We Have Big Goals and Expect Big Outcomes
We are results driven. We take risks, compete boldly, and deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
We Are Committed to Making Progress Together
We collaborate with each other, our user communities, our industry and together lead the world forward.
We Value Each Other
We value diversity. We have empathy for each other and assume positive intent.
We Are Proud to be Veracode
We have fun together. We honor who we are and work hard to achieve our potential.
You Change the World, We’ll Secure It!
Veracode is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity with a commitment to creating an inclusive environment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.
More Jobs From