The healthcare landscape is rapidly changing, and we are looking for a person that wants to help lead that change. We are looking for a person that wants to work in a fast-paced environment where the collective team emphasis is to generate market driven solutions that work. The Senior Analytic Scientist works within the Advanced Solutions Group to run analytical experiments, evaluate alternate approaches and deliver on corporate initiatives. We utilize healthcare analytics to develop highly innovative customer facing applications that generate value for our clients. The Advanced Solutions Group is an incredibly diverse group of folks with the mission to improve the way health care is managed and delivered.
Principal Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Build and deliver analytics driven go to market cloud-based solutions
- Research and develop statistical and machine learning models for data analysis
- Work with product and operations teams to understand Organization needs, come up with new ideas to implement value driven analytic models and solutions
- Translate ideas to workable solutions and communicate the results to make decisions
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends
- Work with a global, multi-cultural team to understand complex business requirements
- Execute all aspects of model development; including variable selection, non-linearity detection, interaction detection, model creation, diagnostic tests, validation and lift analysis at the task and project level.
- Design end-to-end experimentation, evaluation, and analysis of various algorithms and models in production as well as under development based on key performance indicators. Exploit multiple predictive modeling techniques and leverage emerging innovations in text mining, network analysis, etc., to augment the analytic models.
- Provide continuous stream of actionable analytical information and recommendations on future improvements and identify and use multiple data sources to improve models.
- Provide pilot testing support and analyze test results if needed. As needed, assist with creation and monitoring of model performance metrics.
- Execute needed business diagnostics to enable productization and deployment.
- Ability to think and bring ideas to the table that can deliver value to customers
- Identify and implement technologies that can improve the quality of our product
- Write excellent documentation
- Establish and maintain the highest level of integrity with your team members
- Learn new technologies and apply them to the problem space
- Support and train junior team-members.
- Masters degree (PhD preferred) in a quantitative or actuarial field is required.
- 5+ years’ professional experience building predictive models on very large healthcare related datasets is required. Academic experience at the PhD level could be partially substituted for professional experience.
- 4+ years of experience with statistical analysis and modeling software such as SAS, IBM SPSS, Statistica, or R is required. Experience with datamining platforms such as SAS EnterpriseMiner, IBM SPSS Modeler, Statistica DataMiner, or equivalent is preferred
- Extensive predictive analytics experience using machine learning techniques required
- Professional experience applying predictive modeling techniques in healthcare or property and casualty verticals preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with data reduction techniques and statistical and predictive modeling methods (e.g., GLM/Regression, Trees, Neural networks, etc.) is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required; must be able to explain technical results to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to manage tasks/projects to required deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse business and client stakeholders
- Ability and willingness to guide and mentor junior candidates
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
More Jobs From