The Strategic Operations Finance team is looking for an analytical, strategically-minded Senior Analyst to drive critical projects that promote the efficiency of Wayfairs major supply chain and operations initiatives. The right candidate has a passion for breaking down complex business problems into discrete analyses and using data to help make informed business decisions. As a central member of the team, you will provide financial visibility to leadership to make better operational decisions in several of our most important strategic initiatives.
The Customer Service vertical of the Strategic Operational Finance team partners with leadership to provide insight into operational decisions on Wayfairs Customer Service strategy. As this business continues to grow, were focusing on improving our service offerings with the goals of providing a best in class experience for our customers, reducing operational costs, and driving long-term competitive advantages for Wayfair. By analyzing the financial implications of both current operational performance and new strategic initiatives, we enable our partner teams to operate more efficiently and profitably.
- Serve as a mini-CFO for Wayfairs Customer Service platform, using data to inform strategic and financial decisions. Sample projects include:
- Provide insights into month-over-month cost changes
- Build tracking and fast feedback for new offerings, policies and staffing strategies across North America
- Analyze cost and customer satisfaction data to recommend contact channel optimization strategies
- Develop insights into key cost drivers to influence Wayfairs pricing decisions
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions that can be answered through data analyses; leverage analytical findings to identify actionable business recommendations
- Develop reporting metrics and present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive financial and operational strategy
- Partner with business stakeholders to generate financial forecasts, plan capital projects, and review business decisions.
The right candidate has:
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical/consulting role with experience analyzing data
- A degree in Finance / Economics, Mathematics / Statistics, Computer Science or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Experience working with large datasets and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Strong cross-functional communication skills and ability to effectively convey insights from analyses to senior leaders
- Ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication, and influence; strong ownership of tasks/deadlines/projects
- High proficiency in MS Excel and Office; SQL or other programming languages a plus
What we offer:
- Fun and collaborative work environment
- Limitless career growth
- Free snacks
- Casual dress code
- Paid time off
- Health/wellness programs
- Matching 401K contributions
- Monthly team 'innings'