Sr. Analyst Rotation, Experiences and Rentals
TripAdvisor Experiences and Rentals is seeking applicants for our new, 1-year, Analytics Rotation.
As an analyst, Youll work for four months each on three different teams in our analytics function to gain a detailed understanding of our business while solving our most complicated problems. Your work will have direct impacts on our travelers experience and on our business operations and will therefore have high exposure to senior management. Upon successful completion of the rotation, we will collaboratively determine which team would be the best fit for you for a permanent placement.
What You'll Do
- Provide analytic insight and support to our businesses (such as A/B testing, consumer analytics/behavior, marketing ROI analysis).
- Perform weekly and monthly management-level reports, synthesized from numerous sources, focused on actionable data.
- Use analytics to create concepts and justify business cases to improve the website experience for all users.
- Data Science
- Process massive amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- Build Machine Learning models to support all aspects of our product and deploy those models in production.
- Communicate findings to a wider technical and non-technical audience within the business.
Become an expert in how our core data is generated, processed and curated in a large and complex data infrastructure
- Find reporting and self-service data solutions that leverage cutting edge data technology to promote data informed decision making across the business
- Perform data forensics: ruthlessly track down the root cause of curious or unexpected data
- Efficiently and effectively pursue business objectives through testing and automation of our systems to acquire users and to provide them with the best product.
- Test the impacts of model updates and other treatments to grow the business through a variety of strategies.
- React quickly to real-time initiatives.
What Youll Learn
This is an experiential role ; you will learn and work in equal measure.
In addition to the rotations noted above, you will also receive regular performance feedback and evaluation and be paired with an informal mentor who will help you learn about TripAdvisor, Experiences and Rentals, and the world of analytics.
What You Need
- 2+ years experience in an analytical role
- Masters (or equivalent) in quantitative field strongly preferred
- Expert in SQL
- Familiarity with Python (especially for a rotation with Data Science)
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with various audiences of level and function
- Appetite to develop into the best version of yourself
By matching your existing strengths with those needed by our various teams, we customize your rotation schedule in order to best help you develop.