Wayfair is hiring for Sr Analysts to join the following teams...
Strategic Operations Finance
SOF exists to help Wayfair make better financial outcomes. We influence our many partners - both operational and strategic - to think about the end-to-end cost implications of their actions. Our partnership can take a number of forms, like scoping out project savings, reporting on business performance, or giving recommendations for the strategic direction of high value programs. We help our stakeholders drive financially prudent choices, drive improvements to customer and supplier experience, support partner teams with their commercial focuses, and provide stakeholders with current and future visibility into financials.
Strategic Corporate Finance
The goal of the Strategic Corporate Finance (SCF) team is to provide business managers with actionable insights and visibility into key business trends through accurate and timely data to support the business in achieving and maintaining positive free cash flow, in allocating capital productively, and in coordinating planning across the organization. It includes the Business Planning, Financial Planning & Analysis, and Gross Profit Reporting and Analysis functions.
Investor Relations strategically manages Wayfair's relationships with Wall Street, including with existing and prospective shareholders and sell-side analysts. IR focuses on educating and informing these constituents on Wayfair's strategy, operations, and financials through quarterly earnings, conferences and special events, individual conversations. This function works closely with Wayfair's executives and has strong connectivity across the company in order to properly construct and evolve our Wall Street-facing narrative.
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions that can be answered through data analyses; leverage data findings to identify actionable business recommendations
- Develop reporting metrics and present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive financial and operational strategy
- Partner with business stakeholders to generate financial forecasts/modeling, plan capital projects, and review business outcomes.
- Provide insights into month-over-month cost changes
- Build tracking and fast feedback for new offerings, policies and staffing strategies
- Develop insights into key cost drivers to influence Wayfairs pricing choices
- 2+ years of experience in a data/consulting role with experience analyzing data
- A degree in Finance / Economics, Mathematics / Statistics, Computer Science or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Experience working with large datasets and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Strong cross-functional communication skills and ability to effectively convey insights from analyses to senior managers
- Ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication, and influence; strong ownership of tasks/deadlines/projects
- High proficiency in MS Excel and Office; SQL or other programming languages a plus
What we offer:
- Fun and collaborative work environment
- Limitless career growth
- Free snacks
- Casual dress code
- Paid time off
- Health/wellness programs
- Matching 401K contributions
- Monthly team events
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.