CVS Health is looking for a strong implementation leader with experience driving large scale technology programs at the enterprise level. As a leader in Enterprise Modernization, you will develop and manage a high-performing program management team toward delivering initiatives with a dual mandate improve customer & colleague experience while improving efficiency/reducing operating costs.
The Sr. Advisor, Service Excellence Program Management will own the implementation and delivery of the enterprise Virtual Assistant initiative, a conversational AI powered voice and chat bot. You will work across the enterprise to lead robust program planning and tracking, execution against the roadmap, identification and mitigation of risks and effective communication across all stakeholders. This will include business segment leadership, portfolio management, IT Operations and Infrastructure, Architecture, and external vendors, among others. You will be instrumental to ensuring product delivery scrum teams are working collaboratively across the HCB, PBM and Retail Bus. You will anticipate, resolve and escalate barriers and risks, partnering with the business product owners and IT to improve team productivity.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: List the top four or five primary responsibilities of the position in the space provided below, indicating the approximate percentage of time spent on each.
- Lead the overall execution and implementation of cross-enterprise technology for the Virtual Assistant initiative
- Lead the coordination and cross-functional communication to ensure successful delivery of the Virtual Assistant product offering for CVS Health members & providers by partnering with internal teams across Business Units
- Implement program management tools and templates to facilitate effective planning and communication
- Drive portfolio governance across the enterprise to proactively communicate with stakeholders and address escalated issues
- Develop regular risk assessments and risk mitigation plans
- Provide direction and alignment regarding implementation of Virtual Assistant program, ensuring key performance indicators and success measurements are identified and supported by project requirements.
- Provide informal leadership to IT PMO, scrum masters, product owners, workstream leads, operations partners, IT partners in a heavily matrixed organizational structure across HCB, PBM and Retail BUs.
- Direct and coordinate budget activities of Virtual Assistant product development and evaluates the impacts of changes from original plans across multiple workstreams to provide direction
- Drive continuous improvement and SAFe maturity across the delivery teams to reduce time-to-value for portfolio epics & features
- Facilitate cross-enterprise reporting & presentation to the Senior Leadership Team, BU Leaders and other key stakeholders
- Engage with and maintain a close business relationship with BU leadership and their management teams to ensure the implementation satisfies their business needs and partner on the long-term direction of the portfolio.
- Act as thought leader and change agent within the portfolio; develop subject matter expertise on operations supported by the application portfolio in order to consult with and provide guidance to leadership teams.
- Proactively manage vendor partners engaged as part of overall program delivery by specifying goals, staffing, scheduling, identifying risks, contingency plans, identification of budget, ensuring that delivery targets are met
- Engage with 3rd party/vendor application support and consultant organizations to evaluate, develop, and deliver technical solutions in support of business needs.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of program/engagement management experience in a large, matrixed enterprise; strong organizational and facilitation skills driving measurable, time-boxed outcomes
- 5+ years of practical experience delivering software using the Scaled Agile (SAFe) framework, in particular governance processes, ceremonies and driving Agile maturity
- Excellent relationship-building skills and proven ability to work collaboratively through various lines of business and functional areas, promoting a culture of proactive teamwork
- 3+ years of experience in contact center operations and/or technology
- Former consultant with practical experience in both strategic & implementation engagements
- A strong understanding of financial control, budget management, risk management, and operations
- Strong executive presence with outstanding communication/presentation skills (verbal and written). Should have a high degree of comfort speaking with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to balance business needs against technical considerations.
- Experience bringing large-scale, multi-phase projects to completion.
- Ability to evaluate, forecast, and achieve financial targets.
- Ability to derive and implement tactical plans from strategic goals.
- Expert level project management skills, managing enterprise initiatives in large, matrixed organizations.
- Building and maintaining a talented team capable of delivering high quality results that are valued by the organization.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships across the organization and with other business units both with business and IT counterparts. May have business liaison responsibilities with key technology vendors and/or responsibility for directly overseeing operational programs and services. Needs to work well with peers and subordinates.
- Leading strategic product and service development efforts. Facilitate new delivery initiatives that will have a profound impact on the future direction of the company overall.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.