Special Projects Engineer
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
3D printing requires a complex interplay of software, hardware, electronics and materials. On Special Projects you get to do it all. As a member of this group you will design, prototype, build, and test systems that could go into future generations of our 3D printers. We are hacking electromechanical systems and iterating quickly to find elegant solutions to challenging problems.
If you are passionate about hands-on engineering and are ready to tackle complex challenges with real world constraints we want you to join our team as a Special Projects Engineer.
Sharing a portfolio/website that reflects your engineering work or projects is required for this position.
- Design and build initial prototypes for the next generation of 3D printing
- Work with a small team inside of a rapidly growing startup
- Have hacker skills that would put MacGyver to shame
- Are ready to dive into complex electromechanical systems
- Thrive in a technical environment with rapidly evolving goals and priorities
- Enjoy contributing to projects that are larger than you can build alone
- Excited to learn whatever you dont already know
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.