Sourcing Manager, Edge
Facebook operates one of the largest and fastest growing Content Delivery Networks in the world. The Edge Network team is responsible for egress capacity for all products, including Facebook Newsfeed, Live, Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus, and more.
The Sourcing Manager will act as the primary contact for product and services sourcing with the Facebook supply base. Sourcing activities will include but not be limited to identification of product and service availability and options, developing and setting a negotiation and sourcing strategy, partnering with Facebook Network Engineering to develop a business and technology roadmap for the Facebook Content Delivery Network and driving strategic sourcing decisions on a global basis.
The Sourcing Manager will lead and support the development, implementation and management of global strategies to provide the Facebook production network with best in class cost, optimal flexibility, and unmatched delivery and availability performance.
Working closely with the Network Engineering Team, the Sourcing Manager will communicate and implement strategies, contracts and pricing with an overall focus on maintaining long-term partner relationships and managing total costs of ownership to a minimum.
- Contract Strategy and Execution: Lead the business negotiation process with internal partners and suppliers. Own closure on contract. Develop negotiation approach, fallback positions, acceptable terms and conditions through to closure.
- RFx Services: Own and lead the supplier interface for all RFI, RFP and RFQ services. Partner with appropriate internal stakeholders. Present RFx results to evaluation team and drive the closure of a sourcing decision.
- SLA Performance: Measure, manage and improve supplier actual performance against negotiated SLA.
- Competitive Benchmarking: Identify key benchmark suppliers in RFx efforts. Partner to identify evaluation criterion and provide relevant data back to internal FB team.
- Cost Modeling: Own and provide industry and actual unit and service cost data which feeds into TCO and RFx. Drive continual improvement of productivity.
- Supplier survey, audit and qualification: Lead and coordinate all efforts to survey, audit, assess and qualify new suppliers.
- Technology Roadmap: Partner with Facebook Network Engineering to coordinate suppliers and review supplier technology and services roadmaps.
- Preferred Supplier Management: Identify, qualify and formalize which suppliers are FB’s preferred supplier list. Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment. Guide business to PSL.
- On time Delivery: Measure, report and action to improve delivery performance.
- Ongoing Cost Productivity: Measure, report and action cost productivity as a function of market pricing.
- Scorecard Management: Lead measuring supplier performance, root causing issues, and driving improved performance. Own all aspects of supplier performance.
- Willing to travel and work across various time zones.
- BA/BS or equivalent in technical or business related field with at least 10 years of similar experience in the sourcing or supply chain management field.
- At least 7 years of Sourcing Management or Supply Chain Management experience in Network related products and services.
- Knowledge of purchasing, and supply chain processes.
- Analytical and results focused experience.
- Experience in colocation business, overall colocation market, and associated performance and cost models.
- Product knowledge of Content Delivery Networks, Backbone Networks and IP Services, their operation and associated performance and cost models.
- Leadership or management experience.