We are seeking a Sourcing Manager with global experience sourcing mechanical assemblies and custom parts. You must be technical and hands-on, developing a qualified supply base to secure the best value for goods purchased. Leveraging this supply base, you will partner with Engineering, Manufacturing, R&D, and Quality to identify the best sources for parts and assemblies in order to deliver qualified products to the manufacturing line.
What youll do:
- IF YOU DON'T HAVE EXPERIENCE SOURCING PARTS AND SYSTEMS IN CHINA PLEASE STOP READING HERE. THANKS!
- Be responsible for sourcing both complex assemblies and custom parts while balancing priorities of time and cost.
- Identify, assess and qualify a global supply base including initial vendor identification, down selection through RFQ processes, and drive cost out while improving quality through a regimented DFM process for both prototype and production parts.
- Use your extensive supplier network to identify, develop, implement, and maintain sourcing strategies and relationships for assigned categories across a global supply base.
- Review product selections, evaluate supplier quotations, and validate compliance to engineering specifications in order to select the solutions that bring the most commercial value.
The following responsibilities may be part of this position based on the applicants background, experience and desire:
- Be responsible for purchasing all strategic and new items (other purchasing is handled by our Contract Manufacturers).
- Work with Engineering, Manufacturing, Contract Manufacturers and Suppliers to develop cost models, target costs and low cost alternatives. Organize and conduct pricing benchmarks and competitive analysis.
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of cost saving projects that meet Superpedestrian targets for cost reduction.
- Drive programs to continuously improve the quality of goods from suppliers.
- Actively resolve supplier delivery, quality or commercial issues.
What were looking for:
- Must have experience in sourcing mechanical parts and complex assemblies from suppliers in Asia
- Must have extensive knowledge of prototype and production manufacturing techniques including rapid prototyping, machining, casting, forging, molding, stamping
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years work experience in Commodity/Category Management, Procurement and/or Strategic Sourcing within a global organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with procurement strategy and cost management best practices
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to effectively work with global suppliers
- Able to manage multiple projects under deadline constraints and maintain focus at all times
- Experience working with contract manufacturers
- Ability and willingness to travel is a must
- Experience with a wide range of technologies and projects is a plus
- Previous work experience at both small and large companies is a plus