Office Tour Photos
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about solving complex cloud infrastructure challenges for our customers and enabling our resellers.
We are looking for a passionate sales engineer who has Cloud experience either in Infrastructure or Software. A technical advisor with strong business acumen who will be the go-to tech advocate for our most strategic business partners. Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Partner Sales Engineer will drive increased revenue by evangelizing the DO Developer Cloud to resellers from the C-Level to their sales & solution architects. This is an amazing growth opportunity for a Solution Engineer looking to be the future Captain of what will be a rapidly growing team supporting our partners.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work directly with Customer Success, onboarding businesses as they build on top of our cloud
- Drive adoption from new customers as a key part of the business expansion process through technical best practices and technical consultation
- Diagram and plan infrastructure architecture to support specific use cases, and comfortably explain in detail
- Work both collaboratively and independently within a team setting (we love Slack!)
- Contribute to internal and external technical documentation such as The Navigators Guide to DO
- Presenting and articulating DOs capabilities to partners
- Identify and communicate process improvement suggestions, drive technical best practices within the organization, and communicate customer feedback and trends into the product lifecycle process
- Incident management and escalations as a subject matter expert
- Help customers plan for their growth and set expectations on how our cloud can be used
- Collaborate with other teams and departments to improve the customer's experience
- Help architect highly-available public cloud solutions for fast-growing and new customers
What We'll Expect From You:
- Experience working with public cloud technologies and vendors
- Experience working in a consulting or solutions engineering role, engaging with customers on solution design and selling
- Experience working with Sales, Services, Partners, and Product teams
- Programming/development experience
- Knowledge of provisioning and deployment strategies and tools
- Deep knowledge of Linux and distributed systems
- Passionate about customer experience
- Track record developing successful technical solutions to business problems for clients
- Ability to balance the demands of multiple stakeholders, define priorities and set appropriate expectations
- Passionate about technology and open source projects
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts in clear and concise terms
- Quickly learn DigitalOcean systems and adapt to rapid changes
- Programming/Scripting: Ruby, Python, Go, Bash
- Source Code: Git
- Automation: Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Saltstack
- Virtualization: KVM, Xen
- Open Source: CoreOS, Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant
- SalesForce experience
- DigitalOcean: API, libraries, services
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here and we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Business Development
Want to learn more about our Business Development team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!
More Jobs From