Role: Solution Engineer
Grade: 18 (Technologist-106366)
Location: within US/Remote
Travel: 15% (includes opportunities for international travel)
Open to Internal and External candidates
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Tech at Liberty Mutual offers the challenge and creativity of a startup with the financial backing and stability of a large company thats our opportunity for you. Liberty Mutual has been building internal startup teams to deliver innovative products and solutions quicker. As we grow this culture, mindset and capability, we want you to lead this change with us. We are spinning up more Agile Lean Startup teams and we need solution engineers to anchor and develop these teams.
If youre a technical leader who wants to develop products from idea to production within small, empowered, agile teams, join our tech team. As a solution engineer you will focus on a global digital strategic solution development for GRM E|W markets. The insurance industry is exciting and complex, and we need a passionate, analytical technology professional to help our teams navigate through those challenges. Liberty Mutual is looking for someone who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change as we continue our agile and cloud enabled transformational journey.
- Participate in 100% development with a system architecture mindset
- Empowered to lead key aspects of the architecture runway delivery team by developing and collaborating with architects to ensure global solution alignment with technical architecture, business plans and long-term strategy.
- Work on the development of system, technical and product standards based on business architecture plan and vision by developing cook books, implementation guides, and foundational working software.
Help in the realization of the global architecture strategy into incremental foundational deliveries that enable the delivery teams to deliver faster in a more sharable, scalable and incremental fashion globally.
- Make recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness, providing input to major architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures within a domain or portfolio.
- Continually enhance full delivery pipeline through automation, expanded yet increasingly efficient test coverage, ultimately optimizing time-to-market and quality
- Plans and manages execution of a global incremental architecture strategy.
- Maintain strategic partnerships between vendors, business partners, and development teams.
- Oversee design reviews and provide technical guidance.
- Contribute to decisions that impact profitability and operational effectiveness.
This role might be for you if you have:
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience; technical Master`s degree preferred.
- Generally, a minimum of 10 years related experience.
- Able and want to do 100% development with a passion for strategic architecture delivery
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles.
- Knowledgeable in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs; in-depth understanding of shared software concepts and product features, as well as security minded.
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies; in-depth understanding of global business and technology trends and the financial services industry.
- Highly developed negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the adaptability to respond to change quickly.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.
- Willing to travel as needed
We are looking for highly competitive applicants to help fulfill the following types of roles:
- User Experience leader - Ensure light-weight UIs leverage shared third party services, reference data and underwriting & validation rules
- External Integrations leader Ensure appropriate encapsulation and extendibility with rules, rating, and other downstream (like GL, Billing, etc.)
- Dev/Ops leader Ensure a continuous integration and delivery of a cloud based platform that enables better developer experience with ease to developer tooling and quality.
- EIS Product Management leader Ensure standardization of the EIS suite implementation across liberty including upgrades, governance, sharable assets, and separation of concerns
- Catalogue, Governance and Internal Integrations leader Ensure appropriate SOE and SOR engagement, lifecycle management, catalogue management, data definition/governance, and contract first strategy
Highly competitive applicants will be able to:
- Build foundational software (100% Development)
- Maintains cookbooks and implementation guidelines
- Work with teams to create and influence detailed design
- Collaborates with solution architects
- Mentors developers
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, team members)
- Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership
- Demonstrated ability to learn new business and technology concepts quickly
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to navigate and support complex insurance systems with a desire to dive into the details
- Have one or more of the following skill set:
- Expertise with event-based System of Engagement architectures and integration with APIs exposing Microservices (e.g., REST, SOAP)
- Expertise with EIS Product suite
- CI/CD tool and platform Expertise
- Expertise in standardization of data, messaging, contracts, data definition/governance
Liberty Mutual is one of America's Best Employers for Diversity and one of the Best Employers for Women http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesToWorkforWomen one of the Best Employers for New Grads http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesforNewGrads and one of the Best Places to Work http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacestoWork . We offer excellent benefits for our employees including generous parental leave, retirement plans including 401k and pension, education reimbursement, commuter benefits, college savings plans, and much more.
To learn more about our benefit offerings and culture please visit:
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn More:
More Jobs From