As a member of the ClickSoftware Solution Consulting team, the Solution Consultant is a key player in an exciting, customer facing role that combines consultative selling with technical and customer relationship skills to successfully position ClickSoftwares offerings.
The Solution Consultant will provide services to the sales team covering Europe and specifically the DACH. They will present business-focused presentations and solution demonstrations. Solution demonstrations are often tailored to the specific customer and may require application configuration and development outlined during customer requirements meetings. This process leads to a detailed analysis of needs, identification of business problems and the development of appropriate solutions and financial justification to achieve the business objectives.
The general purpose of the Solution Consultant is to support the efficient expedition of the sales process. Reporting to a Solution Consulting Director located in Burnham, UK, the Solution Consultant will be responsible for completing tasks on multiple concurrent sales activities.
- Support the end-to-end sales process in conjunction with the Account Executive/Manager.
- Support ClickSoftwares partners (Resellers and Systems Integrators) through the end-to-end sales process.
- Conduct opportunity qualification meetings to help ascertain whether ClickSoftwares solutions can address the business needs of a prospective customer or an existing customer with a new project.
- Facilitate requirements gathering workshops to gain an initial understanding of the prospects core business, key business challenges, business processes, high level requirements, vision, systems and integration strategy.
- Present playback sessions to verify the understanding of the prospects core business, processes, challenges, etc. then outline a high level solution.
- Build and present tailored demonstrations aligned to the prospects needs based on the verified solution outline.
- Create Solution Description documents to detail the proposed solution the prospect may implement outlining the business goals, key challenges that will be addressed and the benefits the solution will provide.
- Respond to Invitation to Tenders, Requests for Information and Requests for Proposal and work closely with the Account Executive/Manager, Professional Services, Product Management and Partners/Resellers to compile the response.
- Support post tender activities such as presentations, scenario/use case based demonstrations and Proof of Concepts.
- Manage and deliver other pre-sales related activities required to achieve a successful sales win such as Cost Benefit Analysis (import and optimisation using customer data).
- Act as the liaison between Sales and Professional Services for the purposes of knowledge sharing and creation of professional services estimates.
- Training of partners and internal sales consultants regarding the use and demonstration of ClickSoftwares solutions.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing on the ClickSoftware Portal.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects and activities, as directed by the Director of Solution Consulting - EMEA (e.g. industry overview documents, new sales materials, marketing events).
- Previous experience working in a consultative solution selling pre-sales role
- Native German, fluent in English, other European languages useful
- Strong public speaking capability comfortable, confident, engaging and credible with large or small audiences
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Additional qualifications an advantage
- Demonstrable experience working with Cloud based architectures
- Understanding of business application technologies including IIS, Smartphones, Tablets, HTML5 and XML and Webservices
- Experience working with Systems Integrators and Partner organisations
- Familiarity with SOA architecture and integration principles
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Strong desire and ability to travel (approximately 50% of the time)
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building at all levels including C-level executives
- Keen work ethic and desire to continually learn
- Prioritizes work and manages time effectively.
Office Location: Frankfurt Germany