Who we are:
The economy is transforming, and to adapt, Liberty Mutual has established Solaria Labs (https://www.solarialabs.com): a global team that builds disruptive new products around emerging consumer trends like micro-mobility and the sharing economy. We have already launched a few products and one company since we started for examples, see https://www.getcertainly.com, https://www.trydwellbeing.com/, and https://www.totalhomescore.com.
Who we are:
Solaria Labs is a global team that explores how trends will shape the future and develops new products to protect our customers in a rapidly changing world. We combine the mindset of a startup with Liberty Mutuals core capabilities and expertise. In partnership with teams across the company, we develop new products that solve unmet customer needs and expand Liberty Mutuals product offerings. Weve already launched a few products and one company since we started see https://www.dwellbeingapp.com/ and https://www.getcertainly.com/. Please check out https://www.solarialabs.com/ for more details!
Why you may enjoy working at Solaria Labs:
- The Data Science co-op will support data science efforts in Solaria Labs in a diverse set of challenges, applying current and emerging machine learning techniques to build previously inconceivable product offerings.
- You will interact with other data scientists and engineering teams to implement your solutions within internal and customer facing software products.
- You want to be part of a collaborative innovation lab: experience both heads down coding time as well as active participation in ideation and product design.
- You like exploring emerging technologies including natural language processing/understanding and computer vision, and emerging trends like insuretech/fintech and the sharing economy.
- You are passionate about building and iterating on software prototypes, thrive in an R&D environment, and have a start-up mentality.
- You enjoy building custom algorithms, digging into data for insights, building engaging interfaces and always looking to sharpen your skills by experimenting with emerging technology or participating in hackathons and meetups.
Youre good at and offer:
- Working knowledge of data science and machine learning technologies
- Ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely
- Fluency in Python
Solaria Labs, Boston, MA
- Working towards a bachelors degree in Data Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or another technical field
- Strong technical, analytical, communication and organizational skills
- You have a proven track record of academic success
- You are fully authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions