Software Team Lead, Online Ordering
Why be a Toaster?
"I love working at Toast because we put restaurants first, and empower them to focus on the best diner experience possible! - Martin Z, Software Engineer
We are a rapidly growing company thats revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast is looking for a technically experienced engineering leader who can help us grow our Online Ordering product. You will be working on software that thousands of diners use to order food every day. We need talented engineers to build and maintain the highest quality product as our vision moves forward.
As the Team Lead for the Online Ordering team, you will:
- Drive impact in our Online Ordering product
- Be a force multiplier for the individuals on your team and promote leadership behaviors across the broader group
- Define best practices and help develop how your team delivers impact
- Grow individuals on the team in a way that helps their career and Toast
- Manage projects from conception, completion, and ultimately the rollout and support
- Give design feedback and review PRs for the rest of the team
- Ship code that has a massive impact on diners
- Be part of a team working with Design, Product and other engineers building web applications
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 5+ years' experience building complex, modern web applications
- Understanding of web standards and best practices
- A breadth of experience across front end and back end, but a depth of experience in at least one of those areas
- A history of maintaining high quality mobile applications
- Experience leading technical team for 2+ years or has served as technical leader on significant engineering efforts
- The desire to work on experiences that are change consumer behavior
Our Tech Stack
Toasts products run on a stack that ranges from guest and restaurant-facing Android tablets to backend services in Java to internal, guest-facing and restaurant-facing web apps. The front-end is moving to a new stack using React, Redux, ES6 and Webpack. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java 8 and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing.