Office Tour Photos
About The Opportunity
Come join the LevelUp team in Boston to help build the next-generation growth engine for restaurants, connecting restaurants and guests with a seamless customer experience that blends analytics, loyalty, and rewards. And now as part of the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, LevelUp—together with Grubhub—is on the front lines creating an even more complete solution for restaurants. We take pride in our inclusive and collaborative team atmosphere that encourages constant learning and growth, and empowers our employees to use their unique strengths and perspectives to make the biggest impact possible. And if we can have some fun, eat tons of food and win the Boston Business Journal’s #1 Best Place to Work Award (which we did twice!) along the way, even better. If you’re looking for a diverse, creative, hard-working team to solve exciting new problems with - look no further!
Grubhub is looking for a Software Security Engineer to ensure that our applications are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. If you enjoy analyzing system services, networks, and applications from a security perspective and are skilled at discovering and addressing security issues that appear under new threat scenarios, this position may be a good fit for you.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
· Identify and implement security fixes in our Ruby applications
· Participate in architecture, design, implementation, support, and evaluation of security-focused tools and services
· Participate in audits
· Participate in vulnerability testing and security reviews
· Participate in incident handling
You Should Have
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field, and 4+ years of relevant work experience
· Experience in application-level vulnerability testing and auditing
· Application security experience
· Experience and involvement with development team(s) that delivered commercial software or software-based services (development, QA testing, or security role)
· Experience with security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
· Experience with threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
· Development experience in Ruby on Rails (preferred) and/or Java
· Experience with scripting (e.g. Python, Ruby, Unix shells)
Nice to have:
· Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services security
· Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
· Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing and the development of exploits
· Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols) is a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexable PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
More Jobs From