Powering our 3D printing platforms is our cutting-edge Eiger software. As Markforged continues to grow its enterprise software offerings, we are expanding our Application Engineering team to include a Software Sales Engineer, tasked with providing software pre-sales support in complex sales cycles and strategic partnerships. The Solutions Consultant will serve as a subject-matter expert on all things software; support sales opportunities as the primary software technical resource; build Proof of Concept demo environments to prove integrations into other software packages for our customers and partners; and consult with customers and partners on API documentation and implementation. For those who are technically-inclined, enjoy solving a variety of complex problems for customers, and thrive in a sales setting, our team could be a great fit for you.
What will you own?
- Serve as the lead software technical pre-sales resource for customers and partners, determining solutions for how Markforged software will fit into their environments and infrastructure
- Function as the team technical subject-matter expert on Markforgeds SaaS platform, APIs, infrastructure, security and integrations
- Lead customer-facing technical demonstrations & presentations, as well as support creation of technical demand generation content (blog posts, webinars, whitepapers)
- Enable customers and prospects to understand the features and functions exposed via Markforgeds API.
- Develop sample code, Proofs of Concept, demo environments and other sample implementations of Markforgeds API to demonstrate use and best practices to customers and partners
- Deliver guidance and feedback to product and software teams on the development of software features, APIs and integrations to meet customer needs
- Lead response of enterprise-level RFPs, security questionnaires, and other technical proposals
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point were getting at, it doesnt hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- 4+ years of experience as a software sales engineer, solution consultant, solution architect, or equivalent technical pre-sales role, within a SaaS or Enterprise software.
- Demonstrated experience presenting to a wide customer audience, ranging from C-Level to Information Systems & Software Engineering teams.
- Solution-focused - Able to understand varied customer & prospect software / information system environments, and propose the best path forward.
- Knowledgeable in the development and consumption of SOAP / REST web services
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills