Wayfairs Software QA team is growing and we are looking to hire a Hands-On Software QA Manager for the Service Engineering team. This is a Post-Order team whose customer is Wayfair Service Agents supporting all of the Wayfair shoppers with their purchase after it has been placed. You will empower your team to improve all aspects of our internal tools and systems used to build, populate and manage aspects of operating our e-commerce business to support our internal and external customers. Our methods are collaborative, our group is inclusive, and our minds are exploratory. We encourage skill building, knowledge sharing, and professional growth. Above all: we are dedicated to improving the quality of our products.
What youll do:
- Support your team to qualify the functionality and performance of our internal tools.
- Recruit, hire and lead a team of Software QA Engineers and Analysts.
- Mentor and grow your team.
- Provide thought leadership for Engineering and Product in all areas of software quality, including the deployment process.
- You will identify meaningful trends and practices so that we can release them quickly and with high confidence.
- Be involved with scaling our automated testing in a continuous integration environment, defining and evolving our testing strategy in service of team and company objectives.
Who you are:
- You have managed or led Software QA teams for 3-5 years and possessing strong aspirations to continue in the leadership role.
- Your experience is 8+ years of hands-on software quality assurance using a manual and/or automation approach in solving the testing needs.
- You have worked in a high paced scrum environment and able to talk about Agile best practices from their past experience
- You can demonstrate a solid knowledge of SDLC.
- You can roll up your sleeves as a player-coach. You are excited at the prospect of seeing the individuals on your team grow and succeed under your leadership.
- You are an excellent motivator and multi-tasker with a strong ability to effect change, influence, and collaborate within a technical team and company leadership.
- You have experience with qualifying applications that rely heavily on relational databases.
- You can demonstrate basic coding skills and differentiate between automation needs and wants, which is a big plus.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.