Software Quality Engineer Intern - Vertica (US - REMOTE)
Title: Software Quality Engineer Intern - Vertica (US - REMOTE)
Location: Remote Eligible
Vertica believes that each of us knows the work environment that makes us the most productive. Thats why we provide our employees with the ability to work how and where they will be the most successful. We enable a flexible approach to work location, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office or from home, or a combination of both, but you make that choice including where you choose to live. Vertica invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments to empower employees to work productively in the setting that meets their personal needs. Thats why were so proud to have a highly productive and engaged team in every function of the company.
This is a rare opportunity to work on the core team of Quality Engineers that handle terabytes of user data and is on the leading edge of large scale data analytics. You will work on testing the core Vertica Analytic Database server and have the potential to make a large impact on our business. Vertica Quality Engineers are given significant latitude and support to pursue what they are passionate about to make Vertica an even better place to be. If you are excited about building great technology with a proactive team, you will find yourself in good company at Vertica.
- Develops and implements test plans and cases to test server features and performance of Vertica's highly distributed system on premises as well as on cloud
- Develops, executes, and analyzes tests for server features specifically focused around the system level features, functionality, and performance.
- Provides technical feedback and input for design specification, and determine test strategy and planning.
- Collaborates and communicates with different groups regarding project progress and issue resolution.
- Writes scripts to automate test cases and maintains test infrastructure.
- Helps solving customer reported issues.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science , or other Engineering, or equivalent
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical benchmarking and problem solving skills.
- Strong quality assurance methodology/process skills. Prior experience as QA engineer and aspiration to build career as a QA engineer is advantage
- Knowledge of distributed systems.
- Knowledge of Unix / Linux.
- Experience developing and maintaining test harnesses for distributed systems.
- Knowledge of Database internals and SQL , knowledge of query optimizer in advantage
- Coding experience in more than one of the following: Perl, python, shell scripting
- Experience / knowledge with AWS / GCP / Azure will be advantage.
About our team
The best ideas often come from fresh perspectives. At Vertica, our open-minded, diverse and inclusive team is always learning from each other. We approach intellectually challenging work with a "get it done" attitude. Vertica Engineers are given significant latitude and support to pursue what they are passionate about to make Vertica an even better place. If you are excited about building great technology with a proactive team, you will find yourself in good company at Vertica. Welcome to the family.
About our product
Vertica is a recognized leader in analytics powering some of the worlds most data driven organizations like Uber, Wayfair, Intuit, Cerner, and more. Our columnar, MPP, distributed database delivers unprecedented speed, petabyte scale, with analytics and machine learning functions built into the core.
We believe the future belongs to the fast. Join us for the ride!
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status