REsurety is a mission-driven organization focused on solving the challenge of resource intermittency for renewable energy. We work in partnership with some of the world’s leading energy and risk market players to enable renewable energy buyers and sellers to understand and manage the fuel risk of the future: the weather. Having supported over 7,000 MW of renewable energy transactions to date, we are a small team with a big impact! Our culture is open and collaborative. We expect excellence from our team members and reward it with high ownership and flexibility. If putting your skills to work to drive profitable, low-cost renewable energy sounds exciting, then we would love to receive your application.
Company Values & Principles:
At REsurety, we value the skills of execution, creativity & ownership, commercial focus, and teamwork, and we help and encourage all team members to develop these skills while at REsurety.
Our values also shape our culture and act as the foundation for our principles. Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best and are committed to building a diverse, inclusive company where team members feel engaged, valued, and supported. What is special about REsurety, though, is how much we:
- Share information openly, broadly and deliberately with each other;
- Encourage ownership by all team members;
- Provide continuous, constructive feedback; and
- Empower all team members to bring their full, authentic self to work.
As a Software Quality Engineer, you will work with a team of talented engineers to support and maintain the verification and validation processes for REsurety's software stack to deliver high-quality products and unwavering accuracy of results, which accelerate the development of renewable energy worldwide.
- Test cloud-based software features for quality and accuracy before they enter production, identify root causes of issues, and stress-test for unusual conditions
- Design and develop automated tests and testing modules; maintain and monitor regression testing; evaluate quality metrics and holistic verification frameworks
- Investigate and address quality issues in testing and production environments
- Participate in product design and code review, advocate for quality needs and processes throughout the software lifecycle
- Identify sources of technical debt, reducing and mitigating its accumulation
- Experience with backend server and database query languages such as Python and SQL
- 1-3 years of professional experience with software quality engineering, automated test development, and testing frameworks
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or engineering, or the physical sciences
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Experience with Unit testing frameworks and UI testing frameworks
- Experience with testing data quality and ETL pipelines
- Experience with scientific computing and statistical analysis with Python, R or MATLAB
- Experience with agile development methodologies and operational tools such as bug tracking, source control (Git preferred), and continuous integration
- Experience with virtualization, preferably via docker containers
- Experience with Linux, Windows and Mac
- Quality mindset, attention to detail
- Location: Boston, MA
- Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy & Flexible Working Hours
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Stock Options
- 12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Blue Bikes Gold Membership
- Pre-Tax Transportation Deduction
- Professional Development Stipend
REsurety, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.