When getting it done right matters, people count. ERT does technology with a purpose - to improve and save lives. Our important work sets the industry standard in health outcomes research. Our team provides unparalleled scientific and regulatory leadership to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, contract research organizations (CROs) and medical device companies around the world. Our global clients rely upon our expertise and technologies to flawlessly expedite their clinical research studies
ERT seeks a Software Quality Automation Engineer who will have responsibility for planning, development, and implementation of automated testing solutions to benefit project specific software development efforts. Solutions shall be based on assessment of software function and performance requirements, definition of design specifications, development of major routines and utility programs, resolution of software compatibility and interface problems and analysis of the system's architecture.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as a test designer and contributor in a project quality team.
- Review Project Requirement documents and Functional Specifications, define test strategy, and scope test effort as part of regular planning cycle.
- Write detailed test plans for assigned features to include manual and automated tests
- Define test strategy for reusable project based components.
- Help set the direction, process, and general test methodology for parallel development of the software and automated test suite.
- Assist other members of the team with technical problems in test environments and script development
- Work with off-shore quality teams to ensure compliance with test plans and test cases
- Develop and maintain automated scripts and libraries for testing the ERT product suite.
- Develop and maintain innovative, repeatable QA test plans based on functional requirements, use cases, user interface designs, system design documents and domain knowledge
- Work with QA team members, software developers and system and database administrators to trouble-shoot test failures in the various test environments. This may include trouble-shooting database issues using SQL queries, reviewing web server and application server logs, etc.
- Some degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Provide Technical Leadership.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of software quality assurance and/or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of automated end-to-end testing of software product, including web application testing, and testing web services.
- Experience developing automated frameworks using Selenium, SOAPUI, Cucumber, Gherkin, Protractor, Postman, Robot Framework.
- Experience with mobile frameworks such as Appium or Selendroid a big plus.
- Experience/knowledge with Agile Software Development methodologies
- Familiarity with SQL, relational databases, NoSQL/Mongo
- Familiarity with load/performance testing
Highly Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience testing handheld devices with hardware and software components.
- Experience testing web-based software applications.
- Experience testing software for clinical trials or the pharmaceutical industry.
- Software testing experience in a regulated environment (ISO 9001, FDA 21 CFR Part 11).
- Working knowledge of software tools such as a GitLab, AccuRev, JIRA,or Rally.
- Experience using performance tools such as a JMeter, SOASTA, Gatling, Load Runner, SilkPerformer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
tus, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More Jobs From