Casa Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of next-generation broadband distributed and virtualized architectures in mobile, fixed telecom and cable networks. As the original supplier of commercially deployed CCAP systems that deliver voice, video, and data over a single port, Casa continues a tradition that brings leading edge solutions to hundreds of service providers around the world. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Software Quality Assurance Engineer (LTE Small Cell) to join our engineering team based in Andover, MA which is located about 30 minutes north of Boston, MA.
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer (LTE Small Cell) will be responsible for the integration, troubleshooting and testing/verification of Casa LTE Radio system. The SQA Engineer will work with engineering leads, management and our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform end to end LTE system feature validation.
- Report issues identified during testing both verbally and written to engineering team.
- Take ownership responsibility for product, including testing, documentation, troubleshooting, and bug fixes.
- Support demo and lab trial execution and integration with customer’s back-end LTE network elements. Collect Wireshark traces/eNb log/UE logs to root cause network issues.
- Manage and operate internal and 3rd party simulation tools to support customer trials.
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering is required; graduate degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 2+ to 5 years’ experience working on LTE eNB and/or UE products at infrastructure or LTE chipset vendors.
- In-depth knowledge of PHY, MAC, RLC, PDCP, RRC and NAS layer protocols of 3GPP standard.
- Able and willing to travel to customer sites as needed to carry out the duties and responsibilities for the position.
- Strong end-to-end analysis capabilities of UE side logs (e.g QXDM), LTE vendor eNB logs, Wireshark logs and core network logs.
- Good working knowledge of RF fundamentals.
- Basic knowledge of RF lab equipment including: spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators, power sensors, switch controllers, combiners, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, power supplies, etc.
- Familiar with HeMS.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with scripting languages like TCL, Perl, Python for test automation is preferred.
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E‑Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
More Jobs From