Software Program Managers at iRobot play an essential role in helping us to deliver awesome products and digital features to our customers. They are responsible for integrated planning, communications, dependency and risk management, and synchronized software delivery execution. Importantly, this is a technical role where your understanding of software and engineering is essential to successfully building strong working relationships with technical experts and in orchestrating high-quality software releases.
The ideal candidate has worked in a successful Agile software development environment with multiple teams delivering components to create an integrated product release. They have a track record of success with complex software delivery and are ready to bring their experience, organizational skill, creativity, tech savvy, and enthusiasm to iRobot. If you are impassioned by working with smart engineers and helping them succeed as a team, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Functions/Job Duties
- Build strong relationships with technical subject matter experts by leveraging foundational understanding of the various iRobot software disciplines (e.g. robot software, networking, mobile applications software, cloud services).
- For this specific role, a track record of excellence in mobile app development (iOS and Android) and deployment at scale as well as a keen eye for future platform updates coming from Apple and Google.
- Work with Product Management, cross-functional program teams, and software technical leaders to clarify and scope product/feature requirements.
- Coordinate and synchronize multiple software development teams and other internal groups to design, build, test, and release software on time, with excellent quality, and on a frequent cadence.
- Make the right trade-offs, escalate issues if required, and concisely report development progress, status, cross-team milestones, issues, and risk burn-down across all required levels of the organization.
- Manage other aspects of delivery of various types of software as appropriate, e.g. integrated system testing, alpha/beta/internal dogfood testing, 3rd party certifications, manufacturing tooling & integration, release processes, etc.
- Bachelors degree in an appropriate technical discipline or relevant experience. Advanced degrees welcome but not required.
- Meaningful software technical background, including demonstrated ability to understand how components fit together into an overall product/digital feature deliverable.
- Experience with practically minded Agile software development and software engineering best practices as applied to modern IoT Smart devices.
- Proven track record of exceptional capability in modern IoT physical product and/or digital experience development, and best practice software development & test methodologies.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, organizational and leadership talents, communication skills, systems thinking, and customer focus. High level of emotional intelligence.
- 5+ years of technical program/project management experience focused on complex software delivery. Experience in mobile application development is essential.
- More importantly, a passion and understanding for all things relating to mobile apps and smart IoT devices as well as building cool stuff!