Software Engineering Technical Lead
Globalization Partners is changing the way companies expand overseas and manage their global workforce. Our privacy-by-design platform is the first Global Employer of Record technology of its kind and was built to meet the complex needs of companies expanding their business into new markets around the world. We are the market leader in a growing industry and have innovation at our core. We have been ranked the #6 fastest growing company in America (Inc.-2016), and the #1 fastest growing company in Massachusetts (BBJ – 2017). If you are looking for a great organization with a nationally recognized culture where you can make an immediate impact, then we want to talk to you about joining our Dream Team!
We are experts in helping companies meet the challenges of global expansion and hold ourselves to high standards of doing business by maintaining our triple bottom line philosophy that emphasizes happy clients, happy employees and happy shareholders. We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people to join our team. We work hard and we play hard—if you do too, then come join us!
Globalization Partners is looking for a dynamic hands-on full-stack senior software engineer with strong leadership skills – someone who can lead a small team of software engineers as well as perform as an individual contributor.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership in the development team.
- Drive the implementation of development activities, both individually and as the technical lead of a small team of developers.
- Work collaboratively with engineering leadership, product owners, and other stakeholders to understand high-level requirements and develop software architecture and design.
- Create and drive the detailed planning, scheduling and execution of development plans to meet business goals and schedules.
- Help define and enforce development practices, including unit tests and code reviews.
- Promote and drive innovation in technologies, processes, and tools.
- Mentor and develop team members.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capable of working with ambiguous requirements and minimal direction.
- Take pride in writing well-structured, well-commented, and maintainable code. You’re always thinking of security, performance, and scalability.
- Well respected and acknowledged as an expert by peers.
- Challenge yourself, learn from others, and strive to grow professionally every day.
- Emotionally mature team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- Solid software engineering background, with 10+ years of experience developing enterprise-scale web/cloud-based commercial software products.
- 3+ years of experience leading complex software development projects through all phases of the software development life cycle using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Proven record of strong technical leadership.
- Strong knowledge of modern cloud architectures and technologies. Experience with AWS is a plus.
- Experience integrating with external systems. Specific experience integrating with Acumatica and Salesforce is a plus.
- Experience with BPM modeling tools such as Camunda is a plus.
- Solid software engineering fundamentals.
- Experience in a startup or high-growth environment
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.