At Hopper, were on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the worlds fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the worlds most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apples App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
As a Software Developer Team Lead, you will lead a team of software developers to innovate and solve challenging problems, impacting millions of users. You will develop and own the roadmap for your team, implement development processes and mechanisms for operational excellence. The team is growing quickly, so youll also help with hiring, onboarding, and mentoring new developers.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Lead the team to make tradeoffs between technologies, architectures, and buy-vs-build
- Quickly deliver high quality software that solves real user problems
- Set the technical direction for the team and organize the roadmap
- Implement development processes and own the operations for the services your team builds
- Coach and mentor a team of 4-8 engineers
- Manage requests from multiple stakeholders and competing priorities
- Influence the strategic direction of the product
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- An university degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- 2-3yrs experience in hiring and leading software development teams of 4-8 developers
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
- Experience developing and deploying scalable machine learning systems
- Strong business judgment and record of making the right decisions
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
Team lunches, offsite activities and much more!
More Jobs From