OM1 is on a mission to improve health outcomes by unlocking the power of data. We are a healthcare data and technology company focused real world clinical data and outcomes, accelerating medical research and personalizing healthcare. Our interdisciplinary team uses expertise in medicine, software, Big Data, machine learning, public health and mathematics to transform records from a diverse set of sources into enriched, research grade data which allows us to generate unique insights in a variety of disease areas.
We are seeking a Team Lead who will be the hands-on, technical team lead. The ideal candidate is a smart, creative, and curious analytical thinker who is excited to work hands-on building and operating OM1s Big Data Pipeline.
- Build and operate the core of OM1s Big Data Pipeline that integrates very large volumes of healthcare data to generate deep insight about diseases, providers and treatments
- Establish the technical vision for teams implementation of the core services of the data pipeline
- Working in an agile (scrum) environment with continuous delivery
- Head sprint planning (specification and prioritization of upcoming features), daily scrums, and product demo
- Collaborate with other leads, Development Manager, and Architects to provide product feedback and ideas
- Translate business requirements into clear technical stories that break down work into incremental deliveries
- A CS degree or equivalent and industry experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience working with Scala, Python, Snowflake (SQL), and Docker.
- Knowledge of building and operating software in AWS
- Comfortable working in an agile (scrum) environment with continuous delivery
- Comfort translating business requirements into clear technical stories that break down work into incremental deliveries
- Willingness to dive deep with our product, research, and data science teams to deeply understand our data and its uses
- Good technical judgement, knowing how and when to balance short term deliverables with long term investment
- A strong desire to advance healthcare and improve patient outcomes