Quick Base: Software Engineering Manager
Office Tour Photos
What’s it like to work at Quick Base? Well, our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all Quick Base employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work, we have the opportunity to try new and different things and lots of room for career advancement (1/3 of our employees are in a new role from 1 year ago!). We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. Quick Base combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Find out if Quick Base is for you!
Quick Base provides a cloud-based platform that empowers problem solvers to quickly turn ideas for better ways to work into apps that make their organizations more efficient. For nearly 20 years, people of all technical backgrounds have been using the Quick Base platform to create solutions that streamline processes, capture real-time data, and improve company operations while working in concert with existing IT systems. Based in Cambridge, MA and a former division of Intuit, Quick Base has a 6,000+ customer universe of app-enabled businesses that spans all industries and company sizes, and includes more than half of the Fortune 100. Come join us as we grow.
About the team:
At Quick Base, we believe that exceptional employees, treated well, are the key to our success. Our teams are small, diverse, nimble and highly empowered to drive engineering excellence. Each team owns its own commitments and outcomes. They savor the surprises and learn fast so that they can be better tomorrow than they are today.
Quick Base is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to help our teams create great software. Our engineering team is growing rapidly. We need great leaders who can attract, mentor and retain the best engineers.
About the job:
Quick Base Engineering Managers are servant leaders. They help align individuals’ goals with organizational needs. While this is undoubtedly a technical position, you aren’t expected to create production code. The ultimate measure of success is in the software that your team creates. Some of the ways you will help them include:
- Recruiting and hiring engineers that know what great software looks like and that want to create it
- Coaching and mentoring individuals to help them do the best work of their lives
- Facilitating continuous learning for yourself and the team
- Driving continuous improvement and technical excellence
You want to use your unique experience and the fire in your belly to do something amazing. You understand that leadership doesn’t come from being the loudest person in the room. You take pride in helping others achieve great things.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Have demonstrated experience managing technical teams, setting goals and crafting plans to achieve them
- Find immense value in the success of your team
- Listen more than you speak, and are able to get your point across
- Establish credibility with brilliant engineers quickly
- Attract, build and retain a diverse engineering team that works together to deliver the best work of their lives
Some of the experience that we think you will need:
- Hands-on experience with modern software development best practices
- Experience leading high performing teams with onsite and remote members
- Proficiency at building engineering teams that ship with predictability
More Jobs From