Software Engineering Manager - Boston or Marlborough
Nasuni is expanding our distributed file system development team and is looking for a software manager with leadership skills and experience in enabling Agile software development teams. This is an exciting opportunity to participate in advancing Nasunis solution and contribute to Nasuni's cutting-edge technology. We are looking for a self-motivated and accomplished team player who uses critical thinking and data to drive improvements in Nasunis Cloud File Storage product development process and technology.
As the Software Engineering Manager you will...
- Lead a team of datapath software engineers, regularly reviewing performance and providing feedback to enable everyone in achieving team objectives
- Serve as coach and mentor for C++ software engineers
- Oversee design and architecture for data path components of the Nasuni Edge Appliance
- Influence best practices and standards to achieve the highest C++ code quality and test coverage
Skills + experience we look for are...
- 10+ years of product development in storage, database, networking, or distributed computing
- 5+ years as a manager or team lead in an Agile environment as SCRUM master or Product owner.
- Experience designing and building software that runs on Linux
- Experience with system level performance analysis methods and tools
- Knowledge of networking and experience in developing application protocols
- Familiarity with [email protected] software development processes
- Experience working on critical customer escalations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nasuni delivers a single software platform to store, protect, synchronize, and collaborate on unstructured file data at scale. Nasuni Cloud File Services, powered by the patented UniFS global file system, leverages cloud storage to modernize primary NAS and file server storage; file archiving; backup; and disaster recovery, while offering transformational new capabilities for multi-site file collaboration. By combining the low cost, unlimited capacity, and durability of private or public cloud object storage with the high performance, security, and broad application compatibility of traditional disk-based file storage, the Nasuni subscription service improves workforce productivity, simplifies IT operations, and reduces IT costs. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.