Software Engineering Internship (PatientSecure)
Were looking for a smart, passionate Computer Science student to join our PatientSecure Engineering team as a summer intern. This team is responsible for the development of Imprivatas newest product, PatientSecure, which utilizes palm-vein biometric identification to link patients to their correct medical records. PatientSecure improves patient safety and satisfaction, eliminates duplicate medical records, and guards against identity theft and insurance fraud.
Join Imprivata in this position where you will find a smart group of people who value hard work while working in a casual and fun environment. This is a chance to gain real world engineering experience and be part of our exciting team.
In this role you will be part of an agile team working on challenging product development projects in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will have the opportunity to build software from concept to prototype, test complex products, and research new technologies. You will interface with a variety of roles during the product lifecycle including Development, QA, Product Management, User Experience, and Release Management.
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: C#, C++, or Java
- Understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Experience developing software on the Windows platform
- Knowledge of Integrated Development Environments such as Visual Studio, Eclipse, or Xcode
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn and a passion for programming
- In pursuit of a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science
- Knowledge of web and UI development
- Experience with relational databases such as MS SQL Server or MySQL
- Strong debugging skills
- Ability to solve complex problems by thinking analytically and creatively
- Self-sufficient, with ability to complete projects with little guidance
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Previous work experience
Imprivata, the healthcare IT security company, provides healthcare organizations globally with a security and identity platform that delivers ubiquitous access, positive identity management, and multifactor authentication. Imprivata was launched in 2002 with the goal of making it easier for clinicians to access health information. Today, over 6 million clinicians around the world use Imprivata for secure and convenient access. We enable healthcare securely by establishing trust between people, technology, and information to address critical compliance and security challenges while improving productivity and the patient experience.
At Imprivata, we have a top notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.