Software Engineering Intern
Constant Contact, Inc. helps small businesses and nonprofits connect with their customers, clients, and members. Constant Contact® champions the needs of small organizations and provides an easy, affordable way to build successful, lasting customer relationships. Our customers get real results through email newsletters, surveys, events, Facebook promotions, online listings, and more.
We're looking to expand our team of developers located in our Waltham office.
As a part of our agile team, you'll be working with innovative tools, processes, and people to engineer web applications that are distributed and consumed on a massive scale.
We are a fun, collaborative, agile work team solving interesting engineering challenges involving scale and big data. Our organization puts an emphasis on learning and career growth with a commitment to a work/life balance and sustainable development. We work with state of the art technologies, methodologies, and processes.
You are open to change and eager to work with tools and technologies that may be outside your comfort zone. You enjoy working in an open and collaborative environment. You express your opinions, and have the facts to back them up, but are willing to compromise when necessary. You like to have fun while you’re working, but understand when it’s time to get serious. You are a dedicated software craftsperson who cares deeply about best practices and what it takes to write and maintain great code.
- Develop code that is functional, maintainable, efficient, and elegant, following the appropriate design patterns.
- Collaborate in strategic and tactical planning and design sessions with senior engineers and developers, Product Management, and UX Design teams.
- Re-factor to improve existing functionality, and build new functionality from scratch.
- Come up with creative and innovative approaches...you have a unique perspective, we want to hear it.
- Constantly seek to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of industry trends.
- Vocal participation in code reviews and retrospectives
- Help drive our development process to continually be better.
Skills and Experience:
- Working towards a B.S/M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
- Knowledge of Ruby, Rails, Backbone, Underscore, Coffeescript
- Familiarity with relational databases (DB2, Oracle, MySQL, )
- Interest in DevOps and CI/CD
- Ability to comprehend engineering design strategies related to scalability, performance, security, usability, and development platforms
- Ability and interest to closely collaborate with a wide range of people to understand business needs and requirements
- Strong sense of self-motivation and proactively contributing to ensure the team’s success