Software Engineer in Test, Platform
Threat Stack enables DevOps and SecOps teams to innovate and scale security by providing full-stack security observability from the control plane up to the application layer. Purpose-built for todays infrastructure, the Threat Stack Cloud Security Platform and Cloud SecOps Program combine cloud-optimized intrusion defense, continuous security monitoring, and proactive risk assessment to help security and operations teams detect security incidents, achieve compliance, and secure infrastructure in transition.
We are defining the way Cloud Security is done. We are the only cloud-native continuous monitoring solution that gives users instant visibility into their environment, protecting them in real time from insider threats, external attacks, and data loss. Optimized for cloud deployment, our solution allows growth-driven companies to scale confidently without sacrificing speed or efficiency.
We are expanding our Test Engineering team and are looking for a talented individual to grow into a proficient engineer in our Test Engineering team, focused on building an advanced testing infrastructure to test our product.
As an Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for defining the best way to test components of the Threat Stack system and leveraging our Ruby-based automation framework to build repeatable, reliable tests. We are looking for those with the "can-do" attitude and a thirst to learn more.
What You'll Do:
- Own the test definition, execution and reporting for parts of the Threat Stack product
- Automate test cases using our test framework
- Develop and execute test plans for bi-monthly product releases
- Report testing status to team members as requested
- Investigate product, script and environment issues
- Investigate new technologies relevant to testing the product
- Exercise your thirst to find weaknesses in our software on a daily basis
What We're Looking For:
- Full stack test automation engineer with a proven track record for effective automation
- Familiar with Continuous Integration and parallel test environments
- Familiar with the following types of testing
- Shell Command Line
- Automation in Linux and Windows environments
- Expertise in languages Ruby or Python, Shell scripting
- Familiar with test frameworks such as Gauge, Cucumber, BATS, Selenium or JUnit
- Familiar with load and performance testing
- Experience within an Agile environment
- Intense focus on breaking software through automated testing