Do you have a Testing/Quality background and a creative problem solving mindset? Do you take a systematic approach to quality assurance? We're looking for a Software Engineer in Test who will work closely with our other QA engineers to complete various automation efforts, contributing to automated test software, automation infrastructures, test plans and test cases to execute testing on mobile devices, web interfaces, and server-side infrastructure. You can work comfortably with developer and operations tools -- e.g. API and SDK reference documentation, system logs and debuggers. You will design tests for our cloud-based products and mobile apps running on millions of smartphones, helping to ensure that we deliver the highest quality products possible. As we develop new features, you will also be testing our apps a user to see what is and isn't working from a product perspective.
- Play a major role in championing the importance of quality improvement across all areas of the software development life cycle
- Advocate and ensure a high quality user experience
- Prepare test scenarios, write test specifications and help improve automation frameworks throughout the entire software development life cycle
- Execute tests, isolate bugs, troubleshoot, and log defects through to defect closure
- Work with cross-functional teams to explore requirements, designs, and implementations in order to execute acceptance tests and develop quality plans
- Utilize a solid understanding of iOS, Android, and web technologies
- Identify hypothetical failure modes; design and execute tests of hypotheses
- Work directly with customers to help resolve their issues
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- Industry experience in QA
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of interaction and visual design principles (IxD, UX, UI)
- Experience testing web and mobile applications with a lot of users
- Success testing native mobile applications on Android and iOS devices.
- Experience writing test infrastructures and tooling
- Experience with automated testing software for client-server applications.
- An understanding of modular programming and object oriented programming techniques (Python, Java, Objective C, etc.)
- Knowledge of MySQL and queries; database experience (SQL, NoSQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience working with mobile automation (Android or iOS)
- Familiarity with server virtualization software such as Docker
- Understanding of API testing methods and tools
- Continuous Integration framework experience
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun-run around the Boston waterfront
- Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thursday afternoon
- Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Red Sox games, volunteer to clean-up the Esplanade, etc.
At TrueMotion we build solutions that make driving safer, lower cost, and more fun. We use the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. We believe distracted driving is a solvable problem and partner with insurance companies and other relevant organizations to drive change (pun intended). We are a band of entrepreneurs dedicated to our mission and having fun at our office on Fort Point Channel!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From