iRobot is seeking a Software Engineer in Test (Embedded Automation). In this role, you will work side-by-side with Development on an Agile team to define acceptance tests and develop software test automation to enhance regression, continuous integration and smoke test environments. A successful candidate will have a passion for quality, testing, delivering great products all, while inventing the future.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
- Work with development to create acceptance tests for new functionality during sprints.
- Drive an automation-first mindset with the team. Use existing infrastructure to create automated tests of new features.
- Provide work estimation (points/durations) for actual requirements as it relates to development work on epics and stories.
- Triage manual and automated identified defects and effectively communicate parameters to developers for rapid reproduction and fix.
- Effectively communicate results and issues to developers, managers and program.
- 2+ years experience in software test (SQA) and test automation.
- 2+ years experience with Python.
- Strong familiarity with software build and delivery process, including git and Jenkins.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases at a functional level.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Adaptive fast learner able to ramp up quickly.
- Self-motivated, flexible with a passion to make a difference.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Familiarity with Python test frameworks like pytest and nose.
- Familiarity with any of the following applications and technologies is a plus:
- Robotics: embedded systems for control, navigation, manipulation, sensors, video.
- Communications: wireless, Bluetooth, TCP/IP, Cloud environment.