iRobot is seeking a Software Engineer in Test. This software engineer will create and execute test plans, work closely with product developers to define tests and develop software test automation to enhance regression, continuous integration and smoke test environments. A successful candidate will have a passion for quality, testing, delivering great products all, while inventing the future.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
- Manual and automated execution of test plans.
- Familiarity with test processes and tools (bug tracking, test case management, etc.)
- Familiarity with software test automation tools
- Work side-by-side with developers and functional testers to define and create tests
- Triage manual and automated identified defects and effectively communicate parameters to developers for rapid reproduction and fix.
- Install / setup of test environment.
- Prioritize automation and manual efforts.
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux environments.
- Effectively communicate results and issues to developers, managers and program.
- Communicate issues to developers through direct communication, use of bug tracking system, triage abilities, etc.
- Promote and implement automation capabilities throughout the entire software development lifecycle including, functional, performance, scale and stress.
- 2+ years experience in software test and test automation.
- Strong familiarity with software build and delivery process.
- Proficient in Windows and Linux system & network management, troubleshooting.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Adaptive fast learner able to ramp up quickly.
- Self-motivated, flexible with a passion to make a difference.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Experience in Agile methodology a plus
- Test development skills Python.
- Team engagement, able to bridge the gap between software developers and software test engineers.
- Familiarity with any of the following applications and technologies is a plus:
- Robotics: embedded systems for control, navigation, manipulation, sensors, video.
- Communications: wireless, Bluetooth, TCP/IP, Cloud environment.
- OS: Linux, Windows, MacOS
- API automation testing including working experience with test frameworks
- Experience with Test Management Systems